Monday 13 February 2012

Sat 11th, Sun 12th and Mon 13th Feb

Good Evening! Well haven't I been slack by not blogging the last few nights!!?? I'm not actually sure if it's due to slackness or being busy....or reaching that point of "oh I should blog" and answering myself with "no don't, you are too tired, you won't make any sense and you will ramble" (YES more than I normally do!)

So my kitchen has been working overtime! And so has my tummy! I dont think I have stopped eating and all I can think is THANK GOODNESS that it's healthy! When I am cooking a few things a day - there is only a certain amount we can eat for dinner, so the freezer is piling up, I'm running out of containers and my fridge is exploding.....I have groceries coming tomorrow morning, who knows where I will fit those, which is quite funny as I recall people being shocked of how little I normally have in my fridge (besides being full of veg and salad!) and freezer....got them coming in the morning this time so even if they turn up and hour late it's not going to ruin my cooking plans......see I told you I can ramble!

So Saturday I cooked 3 things and photographed 3 things :-) One of these things I cook regulary and photographed a few months ago....it looked boring and yuck (to be honest!) But I had no idea how to get it looking better.....so I though "that will just have to do" .....but NO..... close enough is certainly NOT good enough for me and my book.....so I cooked it again on Saturday...the exact same recipe I always do I just changed the background and WOWZA what a difference.....another "little" thing to make me smile!

Sunday equalled 4 recipes cooked but only 2 photographed as I let it go too late at the light just wasnt right.

Today 1 cooked 2 and photographed those 2....plus took photos of the 2 from yesterday....SO my update is......

16 DAYS TO GO: 23 RECIPE PHOTOS TO GO!!!!!!!!

I feel like I am getting SO close to reaching the same amount of days to photos and then even overtaking it.....woo hoo....getting SO excited and can't wait to share these recipes with you all.....yet as always with that excitement comes nerves.....

I have had one of those moments tonight when I have been super proud of myself...and I'm not ashamed of saying so! For the last few weeks I have been "stuck" at home and in the kitchen writing my book and preparing these photos....this morning I had a "mini meltdown" (don't ask Josh to confirm this for you as he might use another word besides "mini") as I am not feeling 100%, I am not sleeping well as my mind won't shut down and I woke up feeling like I had 10000000000 things to do - which can be quite overwhelming for me...
I went on to complete the cooking that I wanted to.... did 3 loads of washing and got it all folded, changed the sheets, have quite a few good plays with the twins, we even attempted a little picnic on the front driveway with all the green ants for company whilst we waited for the "big girls" to get off the school bus, helped with homework, did nit treatments for the big girls (joys of school age girls and a certain few families that clearly never do it...I would like them to have my bill for doing it....but thats a whole other story!) then took Miss 9 to dancing that started back today, I'm wondering how long until the twins and I will get kicked out for disturbing the class! - got home at 645 and haven't stopped since as hubby is at squash.....however, here I am sitting down at 8.30pm....all 4 kids are in bed after eating a super healthy home cooked meal for dinner....the house is clean and tidy....dishes done....paperwork for today almost done....blog almost done....and my biggest choice for the moment is should I have a cup of tea or a coffee!!?? And the reason I am so proud is that besides my moment of a mini meltdown this morning, I did it all with no stress or other meltdown!....I haven't really stopped....which would be nice to do from time to time...but now I can.....and it feels satisfying!
I actually think I am going to try and keep this habit going of cooking dinner in the mornings (just not 3-4 dinners per day!) when the twins are asleep as its SO nice to have one less thing to do during the already busy nights, but its not like I'm getting take-away, we are still having great meals....and YES they are GREAT, cause at the moment they are out of the soon to be released....."CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS" .......


Ok, I am rambling!

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend and Happy Valentines Day to you all for tomorrow!

Take Care Of You,
Coll x

No comments:

Post a Comment