Saturday 21 January 2012

Dinner Party

Good Evening! My eyes are almost hanging out of my head as I sit here this evening! My dinner party that I hosted last night went down well....and I chauffered our guests home at 4am! With 4 children there was never going to be any chance for a sleep in and I think we did well sleeping in until 8am! The preparation all went quite well and as much as it was busy, and I felt like I had 100 different little things to do, I had it all prepared in a few hours, table set, house cleaned, time to sit for a 10minute feet up and cuppa and get myself all dressed up!
Typical girl (or should I say typical me!) I left what I was wearing to the last moment and was super excited to find a dress that I bought at a huge bargain in Surry Hills 2 years ago that I had never worn before! It didnt actually fit me all that well when I bought it! But recall just "having" to buy this dress as it was $299 marked down and down and down to $25! I am not the type to spend $299 on a dress so I "had" to get it! And of course I thought it was gorgeous :-)


Enjoy the photos!

Starters #1 - Rare Beef with a mixture of sauces and mustards

Starters #2 - Dill Cucumber rounds

Me with my husband in the middle and our guests either side

Entree choice #1 Lamb Backstrap with Rocket and fresh Mint Yoghurt
Entree choice #2 Kangaroo fillet with Kumera layers and Creamy Mustard Sauce


The kids Jelly layered dessert - they were having a movie/pj party in a different room




Main meals choice #2 - Scotch Fillet on a mash of Kumera with Avocado and Bernaise Sauce





Main Meal choice #1 - French Lamb Cutlets with Cauliflower puree, Asparagus and Basil Sauce

Dessert choice # 1 Layers of alcoholic Lime Jelly with Coconut and Fresh Mango
Dessert choice # 2 Chocolate Mud Cake with Alcoholic Cherries, Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Sauce



Hope this message finds you all well and your hearts full of love.......

Take Care Of You
Coll xxx

1 comment:

  1. Your food looks fantastic Collette, salivating. All that hard work paid off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete