Tuesday 11 October 2011

Shopping with the Twins......

I decided to head to the shops today after the Gym to get "a few groceries" in preparation for my cake creating day for COTC2 that I am having on Thursday.
After putting the double pram back in the car, I put Mr Twin in the trolley sitting up (as he is the more stable one of the 2...oh and the heavier one!) and I put Miss Twin in the sling, and off I ventured.
What an event it was! Besides the fact that I ended up buying that many things I really didnt need, it took me over an hour to get those "few things" - feeding the twins their finger food lunch along the way....Mr Twin throwing some of it on the ground and laughing at me as I moan and groan trying to get up and down with sore legs from the Gym and 8kg Miss Twin in tow! (How do they learn this fun game at such a young age of 9months!)
They didnt have my soba noodles, rice wine vinegar and more importantly my buckwheat flour in stock....the twins got cranky, fair enough they have had enough....Miss Twin was trying to throw herself out of the sling (another fun game) ....every 2nd person stopped to talk....oh how cute....whats the age difference....gee you have your hands full (I would sometimes like to say "I know! Please let me move on, unless you wish to hold them whilst I finish up here!")
It was "kind of" all worth while when I saw one of my favourite fruits is coming back into season "White Nectarines" ...... although at $14.98 a kilo! I treated myself and bought ONE!
On the way to the car (Mr Twin crying Miss Twin still trying to throw herself out of the sling) I bit into this wonderful delight....oh my...it was worth it! So worth it, that I stood there, in the middle of the centre, closed my eyes and had my quiet moment, just me and the Nectarine! Any other situation, I think I would have gone back and got more, but I decided enough was enough, I still had to get back to the car, unpack, get home and unpack...I was probably pushing my friendship as it was.....
I recall those beautiful summer days last year being heavily pregnant with the twins and buying a few kilos of them at a time, and in the 3 minute drive home I would stop myself after devouring 4, thinking that would do me for the moment!

As it turns out, amongst my fluster, I forgot dinner and rice milk (woops! Thank goodness for Cheap Tuesday for the family and freezer COTC meals for me!) so i do have to venture back in tomorrow, so will grab another then! At $1.30 each, I figure its cheaper then a chocolate would cost me if I was allowed it! Not to mention healthier!
I have a lot of blessings in my life and a lot to be grateful for.....today I am extra grateful for online shopping....I now recall exactly why I have ordered my groceries on line for the last 6 months and conveniently had them delivered to my door!

Hope you are having a wonderful week,

Take Care Of You xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment