Monday 3 October 2011

Cakes, Cookies and More......

COTC #2 (CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS) is happening.........
I am feeling organized....I am feeling EXCITED.....and I am feeling slightly under pressure!
Its funny really, as when I wrote COTC I never thought so many people would buy it, would love it and that it would help! So now, I want to make sure, more then anything, that number 2 does not disappoint in anyway! Especially when I have the harshest critics to please this time....children!!!!!!!!!!

The book will once again be Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free...I am trying to avoid nuts this time also, due to school policies, and I have had a few people ask me for egg free recipes also.....the challenge is on.....its not an easy one.....but I am up for it.......

I have a list of recipes I would like to go in the book, and seem to be spending every spare moment trying to create one of them....most of my savoury ones are done which is quite exciting.....I have friends testing them (to be sure they pass the test!) and then its photo time for them.....will need to go out and buy more random plates before then, so I dont have the same plates in all the photos.....my collection of single plates is growing, I think its time for me to clean out the shelves in the garage and give them some space of their own, as my little kitchen cupboards are overflowing!

So it means I am up to the Sweets....Cakes, Muffins, Cookies, Slices etc......these for me are the time consuming ones.....these ones you dont know if they turn out or not until they are cooked and out of the oven....and if not.....try again! These are the days that I end up on a sugar high from eating and tasting cakes ALL day! Next on my list is attempting Hummingbird Cake/Cupcakes.....(Banana and Pineapple)......wish me luck! 

Will keep you posted......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment