Tuesday 25 February 2014

Peanut Butter Cups

Good Afternoon friends. I hope this finds you all having a wonderful day!


Words can not express how much I am touched by the hundreds of messages I have received since posting my ‘Raw Emotions’ post on Monday. I have been sitting here trying to find right words to say so much more than ‘Thank you for your support’ but I am at a loss …. I thought perhaps I could show my appreciation through food! I hope the yumminess of this recipe show you all just how much I appreciate YOU …. and when you make them and love them, you think of me and smile! 


Peanut Butter Cups


Peanut Butter Cups


 


1 cup desiccated coconut (110g)


8 medjool dates (85g)


¼ cup raw macadamias (40g)


peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) approximately ¼ cup


2/3 cup rapadura (or brown sugar) (90g)


½ cup coconut oil (liquid form) 90g


2 tblspns cacao (30g)


Place desiccated coconut, dates and macadamias into your food processor and blitz until thoroughly combined (1-2 minutes depending on your machine). TMX = 40 seconds / speed 8.


Place teaspoon amounts of this mixture into mini muffin tins (they do not have to be greased) and use your fingers to push the mixture in, to form a cup / tart base.


Place ½ tspn of peanut butter into each base and place in the freezer whilst you make the chocolate.


Place the rapadura, coconut oil and cacao into a small saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly until thoroughly combined. Leave on a low heat for 10 minutes – stirring occasionally – be careful not to burn it.


TMX = 10 minutes / 37c / speed 3. Scrape down sides. Then, 5 minutes / 50c / speed 4.


Remove the cups from the freezer and place even amounts of chocolate on top of each one. Return to the freezer for 1 hour before enjoying!


Makes 16.


 Notes: – You can use nut butter of your choice. Here is the link to my home-made almond and macadamia nut butter. 


- Be careful you don’t fill the cups too much with the peanut butter as you need to leave room for the layer of chocolate.


- Use a small knife to pop the cups out of the tin (they will remove easily). Store in an airtight container in the freezer. They won’t last long!
– You can swap the rapadura for sweetener of your choice.


- I had chocolate left over so I popped the extra chocolate into the mini muffin tins and popped a whole raw macadamia in them and then placed them in the freezer also. YUM!


I would love to hear from you when you make them!


Have a wonderful afternoon and I look forward to connecting more with you all soon. I know I have many messages I have still not replied to. I promise to get to them all.


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


Instagram:



Pinterest: 

No comments:

Post a Comment