Tuesday 4 February 2014

Pumpkin and Bone Broth Soup (Thermomix)

Good afternoon friends! I hope this finds you well. 


I am excited to say that yesterday my very first Thermomix arrived! It was something that I was happy to not have for so long – I had seen it many times in actions and always convinced myself I didn’t need it …. until my food processor started to play up and I also realised the benefits of making my owns flours etc …. so I bit the bullet, had a demo, hubby was convinced and bought it!


1010999_719455618087316_1768880280_n


Already I am thoroughly impressed with the speed of it, the ease of it and the vast variety of what I can do with it in such a short time. I am enjoying learning and playing and I am extremely grateful that my consultant Jane was truly so experienced and in love with hers that after she delivered it, I felt confidant to cook (and create) my first meal. A simple chicken and veg dish and cauliflower rice (I will share the recipe soon, I just need to work a little on it as the chicken shredded a bit too much) … before that I made custard, ice cream and then once the kids were in bed I made bliss balls for school!
The kids were super excited! My twins (3yrs) had never had custard before and LOVED it!


This morning I made CADA for the Kids for Breakfast and even boiled the eggs in it for the kids lunch (I KNOW I could do this on the stove top but as I say, I am enjoying playing with it). 


Miss 3 is unwell at the moment after waking up at 10pm with temps, lethargy and a cold and this morning she asked for more custard so I made that again and then decided to make some pumpkin soup for her using some of the Chicken bone broth I had in the freezer …. she is normally such a great eater but isn’t wanting anything at the moment so anything I can get into her is good. She had a mouthful or two of the custard – sprinkled with berry choc chunk from Superfoods for Kidz – and the same of the Soup ….. her twin brother and I enjoyed our normal size portions!


I know it’s a basic recipe but sometimes these are great and needed on busy nights ….and besides that, it is SUPER good for you having the bone broth in it …. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did …..


Pumpkin and Bone Broth Soup


Pumpkin and Bone Broth Soup (Thermomix recipe)


400g pumpkin – peeled and diced


110g carrots – (this was 2 carrots for me) peeled and diced


500g chicken bone broth


1 tspn vegetable stock concentrate (TMX recipe)


Place prepared pumpkin and carrot into the bowl and chop 10 seconds / speed 6. Scrape down the sides.


Add the bone broth and stock concentrate and cook for 20 minutes / 100c / speed 1.


Once that is finished blend for 45 seconds / speed 5.


Enjoy!


I always love hearing from you when you make my recipes – but would REALLY love to hear from you with these Thermomix ones so I can learn what you do and don’t like!


Take Care of You,
Collette x 




Pumpkin and Bone Broth Soup (Thermomix)

No comments:

Post a Comment