Sunday 16 February 2014

Taco Mix

Good Morning friends! I hope this finds you well and that you had a wonderful weekend. We had a lovely and quiet one, it rained on an off so some movie afternoons, reading books and just stopping and playing with the kids and doing not much else was on the cards – it was really lovely as often our weekends can be so hectic!

My parents came for dinner Saturday night and we did homemade Pizzas – I love doing this with family and friends – setting up all the toppings and getting everyone to make their own. The wheat base I used was the recipe from the TMX EDC. The Gluten Free base I used was mine from this previous ‘Pizza blog’


pizza

Yummo homemade pizzas with a huge choice of Pizza toppings!


I get requests almost every week about how to make a ‘crap free’ Taco Mix – so I thought I would share on here my recipe we use regularly and love. 


Taco Mix


2 tblspns cumin


1 tblspn paprika


1 tblspn onion powder


1 tblspn dried oregano


Good pinch salt and pepper (or herbamare)


1 tspn chilli flakes (optional) 


I add these herbs and spices to 1 kg mince. 


Option: add grated veg, diced fresh tomato and / or 1 tblspn TMX veg stock concentrate to the mince mixture too if you wish.


Tacos COTC

I use 2 mountain bread wraps (as they are thin and 1 breaks), sour cream, cheese, tomato, baby spinach & mince.


Enjoy!


Wishing you a wonderful day and week ahead!


Take Care of You,


Collette x 


PS To ensure you don’t miss out on the recipes I post, please head to the homepage of this website and pop your email address in to ‘Subscribe’ then these blogs will go straight to your email! 



Taco Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment