Wednesday 14 August 2013

"Date Balls" - 3 RECIPES

Good Afternoon! I hope this finds you well. I have had a lovely morning enjoying the sunshine at the park with my twins and some friends. They are now resting (they don’t like to have a daytime sleep much these days) and watching their favourite movie at the moment “The Lion King” …. I am off to run around and get orders done and thought before I do I should post these recipes up incase you missed them on Facebook. 

Today I have 3 versions of  a yummy recipe for you. They have been such a hit in our home, perfect for afternoon snacks for me , after dinner snacks for hubby and school treats for my big girls (the nut free version). 

balls 2

Date and Maca Balls

In a food processor place: 110g slivered almonds, 1 cup dates, 4 heaped tblspns macadamia nut spread (you can swap this for peanut / nut butter of your choice), 1-3 heaped tspns Maca powder (depends how much you like it!), 1 heaped tspn drinking chocolate, 1 tspn vanilla essence, 1/2 tspn cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blitz for 1 minute. Use your hands to form teaspoon size balls and store in the fridge. 

balls 1

Macadamia Balls

In a food processor place: 130g raw macadamias, 1 cup dates, 4 heaped tblspns peanut butter, 2 heaped tspns Maca powder, 1 heaped tspn drinking chocolate, 1 tspn vanilla essence, 1/2 tspn cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blitz for 1 minute. Use your hands to form teaspoon size balls and store in the fridge.

Kids Healthy School Balls – NUT FREE

In a food processor place: 1 cup dates, 1 cup sunflower seeds, 1 tspn coconut oil, 1 heaped tspn of drinking chocolate of your choice (I used Berry Choc Chunk powder from Superfoods for Kidz), 1/2 tspn cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blitz for 1 minute and make small balls using your hands – store in the fridge.

If you haven’t heard of or used Maca before here are a few links for you from Nutra Organics and Loving Earth. Also don’t forget to head to the home page of my website here and register so these emails come direct to your inbox and you can save them so the recipes don’t get lost….and you can print up colouring in for the kids too! 

photo-1

I hope you are having a wonderful week and that you enjoy these recipes!

Take Care of You, 
Collette x

Instagram: collette_cutoutthecrap

love quote


"Date Balls" - 3 RECIPES

No comments:

Post a Comment