Sunday 4 August 2013

3 months RAW and still going....

Good Morning! I hope this finds you well….I thought it was about time I updated you all on my RAW diet situation….3 months ago I was put on a RAW diet for ‘at least’ 3 months…you can read more about it here….

1st August was the mark of 3 months being up….but as I can not get in to see Catherine (my Naturopath) until 21st August I am still going…. 

Being RAW has had its ups and downs and to be perfectly honest I can not decide if I enjoy it or not! Here is a run down of my thoughts…

raw diet
* Positive: Easy to prepare, nutritious, fresh, tasty and oh so filling! I am so unbelievably surprised that I eat no where near what I use to eat BR (Before Raw!) …. as I am just SO FULL! I love the freshness of the food and stick to salads, juices, salads, juices, juices and salads!!!!!!! I am grateful for my  dehydrator for snacks (LOVE sweet potato chips!) 
I have lost 1 dress size. I don’t own scales  as I don’t agree with being hung up on weight and I know a lot of people with scales are…and having 3 daughters this is important to me. I feel good for losing this dress size in the sense that I feel more comfortable within myself. Its something that I don’t think I needed to do and I don’t think it would be noticeable to others but I feel less bloated all over which is nice.
My health feels AMAZING….the best it has felt in a LONG time….so that is super positive!!!!! I can’t wait to hear if Catherine agrees with me! 

photo-1 copy 4

My 2 1/2 year old twins love green juices as much as me!

photo-2 copy 2

Picking oranges at my parents….look at the size of that tree!

* Negative: Due to my intolerances I can only have limited nuts, avocado and coconut which I find is a massive part of most Raw recipes so this has limited me a lot. I think a Raw diet would be MUCH easier if I didn’t have to cut out so many things because of my intolerances.
Its cold. A big GGGRRRRR to eating salad when its cold. I would much prefer doing this in the warmer months – especially when all the stone fruit is in season!
I am bored. I think. I have lost a lot of inspiration for food or the love and passion of eating. I now eat because I ‘should’ …. not necessarily because I am even hungry and it has made me realise just how much we eat breakfast, lunch and dinner out of habit….because thats what we are told to do….not because we actually need it! 
My periods are horribly  irregular – going from a set 30 days to day 20, day 26, day 20 (for 24 hours) and day 25. I do not get the period pain I use to get or the bloating but my hormones have been evil  and exhausting (sorry hubby!)

* Interesting: I am finding myself being able to eat a little more nuts and avocado than I could before raw….but not being able to tolerate more than a mouthful or 2 of coconut. 
I am intolerant to all berries (and stupidly test this out every summer with no luck!) but I can eat the Super Reds and Greens from Nutra Organics which I shouldn’t be able to eat and I haven’t been able to before…..I have been excited about this and these energy bars have been my saviour for days out to have in my handbag in case of emergency….
These are things I don’t understand….maybe Catherine will shed some light on it! (not complaining though as a few macadamias to snack on and the bars are super yum!!!!!) 

photo-3 copy

At my girls sports carnival the other day….a thick pulpy juice and a super reds and greens bar to keep me chasing the twins!

* What I miss the most: Fish and stir fry veg! As soon as I am allowed I will be cooking a big gorgeous bit of white fish to have on the side of a mass of crunchy stir fry veg!

* What I don’t miss at all: Meat, Chicken and cakes. 


I will be sure to keep you posted with what happens at my appointment in a few weeks! 

Talk again soon, 

Take Care of You,
Collette x

PS GUESS WHAT….my next book “Cut out the Crap with Style” is at the printers!!!!!!!!!


3 months RAW and still going....

No comments:

Post a Comment