Sunday 3 June 2012

peckish......

This morning whilst the twins were asleep I was working away answering emails and posting off book orders & I felt like munching away on something other than fruit.....I remembered I had raw almonds and decided to take 10 minutes timeout and make myself some "Savoury Nuts" .......they turned out amazing.....and the only problem was trying not to eat them all straight away!

Hope you enjoy them also......


SPICY NUTS

2 cups raw almonds
1 tblspn cinnamon
1 tblspn rapadura (or brown sugar)
1 tblspn cardamom
1 tspn nutmeg
1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
1/4 tspn sea salt
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 180c.

Whisk egg white until mixture is quite frothy (but not too firm)


Add all the ingredients (besides egg white) into a bowl and mix well. 


Add the egg white and mix gently but thoroughly.


Line a baking tray with non stick paper and spread the almonds out on a single layer.


Cook for 8 minutes and remove tray. Working quickly (and carefully) seperate the almonds from each other. 


Bake for another 3-4minutes (or until golden and smelling delcious)

Allow to cool before eating!


*** be careful not to burn them
*** dont eat them all at once! (although its far better than sitting down to chips or cakes!)
*** if you like more heat, double the cayenne
*** a perfect snack whilst working away at the office or for guys with a beer and footy :-)


I am thrilled to have received in the mail today (and had the pleasure of chatting with lately) an inspirational lady "Tanya Winfield" .....Tanya is the creater of "Additive Free Pantry" and today I got my "Additive Free Shopping Guide" in the mail.......I LOVE being inspired by other peoples ideas and successes and even more so when it is directly in line with what I am passionate about......HEALTHY FOOD!


I tore myself away from the computer to have a cuppa (ok....YES and some "spicy nuts"!!) to have a read.....I am so impressed by the detail with over 800 products listed, Im certain it has just found a home permanantly in my handbag....1 so I can show it off.....and 2 it is there for quick reference when I am out shopping.....


I am pleased to see most ingredients that I use already in there and also interested in a few other ingredients I wasn't aware of......between Cut out the Crap, Cut out the Crap for Kids and Additive Free Shopping Guide....HEALTHY HEALTHY HEALTHY......and the positive is that because we make it TASTY the kids dont know what "crap and additives" they are missing out on.....

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Take Care of You,
Coll x




No comments:

Post a Comment