Tuesday 12 June 2012

My new 'toy'

I never thought the day would come when I got so excited that I did a 'happy dance' over a new 'toy' for my kitchen. I say 'toy' simply because I can't wait to play with it....and sure enough as soon as I opened the box I had a 'play'.....and I must say I LOVE IT! 


I have been on the hunt for a while now for a new food processer ever since I put the lid of my 'old' (and much cheaper one) in the dishwasher and it melted....woops....guess it wasn't dishwasher safe!
I have had a heap of people recommend 'Thermomix' which I KNOW are great as I have seen them in action, but out of my budget at this stage. After getting a letter from my local Electrical Store about a sale they had on yesterday, I left Mum to watch the twins and I scooted down to buy one....saw this and fell in love :-)


It isn't just a food processor, it does chips and coleslaw and so much more so I feel like there are lots of little "freebies" involved!  

For those that love cooking "healthy" food like me from scratch then I'm sure you can understand my exitement...... in 14 seconds we made potato and sweet potato chips for tonight....topped with my recent discovery of Herbamare (thanks to Tanya W from www.additivefreepantry.com) the kids are excited.....

....they also asked to see what another "disc" did so we grated carrot and apple and make a cute little salad in 7 seconds......how lovely to see them scoff themselves with it for afternoon tea!


So with every new kitchen 'toy' becomes the task of finding room! I decided to take out all my plates and bowls that I normally only use for taking photos in my books and put them somewhere different.....I was a little shocked as to how many I have collected! 




Oh well, thats my excitement from here on this horrible rainy day.....we are all pretty yuck with a cold at the moment....hoping to see some sunshine soon as I'm sure this helps clear the germs! In the meantime....happy cooking!

Take Care Of You,
Coll x


No comments:

Post a Comment