Friday 15 June 2012

easy, quick, healthy, tasty, dinner....

Friday nights mark the end of a long exhausting week for most of us.....so I like to do something easy, quick, healthy and tasty for dinner......I decided on "Sticky Chicken" from CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS (page 39) and was going to do a quick simple stir-fry with it until the girls asked if we could PLEASE make something to go with the Chicken, with our new "food processor/grater/shredder/toy" ..... it's funny that they are loving it as much as me!

What I had....3 carrots, 4 sticks celery, 1 red capsicum, 1 beetroot, 2 green apples, 1/4 - 1/2 large fennel and I added coriander to mine when serving......
The finished salad! I love my mew "toy" I put the chicken in the oven and put the timer on, made this salad and 10 minutes hadn't even gone past! And that includes getting things out of the fridge and washing the "toy" up!!!
Our dinner - Sticky Chicken and a very colourful salad! AND there is HEAPS of leftovers! Yay!
It was so delicious....and I think I would love this salad even more in the warmer months as its so crisp and fresh.....one to remember for sure.....

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend, 

Take Care Of You,
Coll x

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum that sticky chicken is so delicious!! We have a tonne of chicken wings that will become sticky chicken this week!! And a pecan pudding for dessert if Nick is lucky! ha ha

    ReplyDelete