Thursday 28 June 2012

lots of love...happy friday...

I have to say I enjoy cooking....I enjoy what cooking brings to me and my family.....


I am one of these people that LOVE my vegetables and if I go one (or heaven forbid) two nights without them, I crave them massively. I personally find that fruit and veg from grocery stores just don't last as long as they should (still so many rumors about do they freeze them or not!!??) and avoid buying them there unless I have to. My personal history is they just don't last. Only last week I bought apples and 3 out of 5 were horrible and brown when I cut into them. I get my other groceries delivered and then once a week I head up to "the mountain" to buy the fruit and veg fresh. I know that it's picked fresh and the way it lasts is crazy....pumpkin lasting 2 weeks without getting moudly certainly wouldn't happen if i had bought it from a grocery store! I love that when I serve dinner or pack lunches I know EXACTLY what my children (and hubby and myself of course!) are eating. The extra 10 minutes or even half an hour a day of standing in the kitchen is worth it for me. I try and time it when the big girls are happy playing with the twins, or when they twins are happy eating and not being in my arms or at my feet, as they are both quite clingy at the moment. I do love all the cuddles though! For me it helps that I meal plan also, which I'm sure I have touched on here before. I don't get to 5pm and throw together something "naughty" (which I must say I no longer have in my cupboard / fridge since going additive free) I am testing out next week getting fresh fruit and veg delivered also, they seem quite competitive with the prices and they say they are picked and delivered the same day, so it will be interesting to see the quality.

Love fresh fruit and veg......

Roasted veg before.....

....and after....YUM!!!!!!

Making Turkey Coconut Curry Meatballs.....mmmmm......BEFORE....

....AFTER......

....cooking the Turkey Meatballs.....

....can you smell them......SSSSSOOOOOO SCRUMPTIOUS.....
The Recipe is in Cut out the Crap - if you haven't tried it yet,
add it to your meal plan for next week!

I have had a week of people sharing the love in my 'Cut out the Crap' world. I often get overwhelmed with emotion when people come to me for advice on Facebook and allow me to share the questions with the rest of my FB friends. I love that so many people can come together and connect and share with their journeys, offer advice and support.....especially when most of these people are complete strangers.....I love "my job" ...... and I love being surrounded by others that rejoice in health and happiness...

I wanted to share with you all this letter I received by email from a beautiful lady I had the pleasure of meeting last week....

Dear Collette,
I attended your wonderful seminar last night.
Thank you soo much for sharing your story it was great to hear how open and honest
you were.

I was diagnosed with celiac disease at the start of the year at 21 years of age from
blood tests, after suffering from tiredness ,muscle aches, B12 & Iron deficiencies and
bowel attacks for many years (however I don’t think my experiences were nearly as
bad as yours however I must admit I did ball my eyes out whilst sitting on the toilet
many times). I was sent home from doctors many times with ‘it is all in your head
and there is nothing wrong with you’. After numerous days off work leaving social
gatherings well before the end not being able to exercise, I decided that 2012 was the

year to get on top of my health, I saw a naturopath got all the blood tests and am now
on my way to feeling like a normal person again.
Thank you for being so honest I really felt like I could relate and not many people
could be so up front about their experiences. It was great to see how bubbly and
passionate you were and that it is possible to pick ourselves up from the very bottom
and start living the energetic life we should be.

To your inspirational books. My mother was Maltese so I was brought up only ever
learning how to cook pasta’s and pastries which has not been much of a help living
with celiac. I love that the books go back to basics and I can finally learn to cook. I
have since cooked many of the dishes in your book and some of my own creations. I
also feel confident to make a recipe from your cook book to take to a friend’s place
knowing everyone will love it and feel great after it .

Thank you Collette you truly were given a gift and you have touched my heart and I
am sure you can touch many more.

Kindest regards


And another thank you....
a card I received in the mail today....this kind gesture
means so much to me......
Wishing you all a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend ahead, I hope there is sunshine, love, scrumptious meals and smiles all around you....

A gift from Joshs Aunt from America!

My coffee Josh made me this morning - I had to take a photo....he says
the "coffee art" is Chinese for I love you!!!!!!

Some new shelving for my office.....will have to show you another day the "Coca Cola"
recipe book Josh bought back from America....all the recipes have it in them....
eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Take Care of You,
Coll x

1 comment:

  1. My partner used to be a duty manager at Woolworths and frequently tells horror stories about the 'fresh' produce such as apples and oranges being delivered frozen!

    ReplyDelete