Monday 18 June 2012

Miss 'almost' 10 turns 10!

As a parent I like to hang on to my children being young and "my babies" for as long as possible. There will be a stage I'm sure when I will have felt like I have blinked and almost missed it all and my 4 kids will be moving out of home and having babies of there own....until then I am trying to keep them young and carefree as long as possible.....you may notice how I say the ages of my 2 older girls Miss "almost" 10 and Miss "almost" 8 ........ well Miss "almost" 10 turned 10 yesterday!!!!!! ....and guess what she says "MUM! I will be 11 next year and a teenager in 3 years" ....... (pass me another drink someone!!??)

My darling Miss 10!
I love sitting down and having a moment when its the kids birthdays and thinking of all the times we were trying for them....the moment we found out we were pregnant....the moment I knew I was in labour.....the first glimpse of that 'oh so precious' blessing you have given just birth to after them growing inside you for so long......and having all those heart warming memories flood back.....then you turn around and see your baby girl.....now 10.....so beautiful, smart and loving.....and wearing the same size shoes as me!!!!!

Miss 10 as a baby! She was 8pd 1 ....2 days over....18 hour labour.....She is 12 days old in this photo!
 Miss 10 is having a sleep over for her birthday on Friday night with a few friends, but being her birthday yesterday we always like to do something special....hubby is still in America (1 more sleep until he is home YAY!) so we didn't want her to feel sad about Daddy not being here.....my sister, nephew and neice came over after school for afternoon tea and a little play....and then my mum and dad came down for dinner and we all gathered around the tv eating homemade pizza and watching The Voice grand final......Miss 10's choice!

We are going great with the Additive Free addition to our diets and wanted to make afternoon tea and dinner the same whilst having the kids still feel like they were having "party food".....


Frozen Oranges

Additive Free "Party Food"

Making "Pinwheels" are the kids favourites! I was excited to be able to make these Additive Free. Thaw out puff pastry at room temperature, line one end with tomato sauce and grate some cheese on top....

....Roll them up like a sausage roll and cut in 2-3cm peices......

....Cook in a preheated oven (180c) for 15-18 minutes ot until golden......

.....They won't last long at all!!!!!!!

"THE CAKE CHALLENGE" somthing pretty and additive free! I made the basic cake mix from "1 cake 9 ways" out of CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS ..... and to the mix I added 1 teaspoon of cacao......

.....I made 2 of the cakes......

...preparing some ingredients.....what better than melted chocolate and fresh strawberries.......

....how good do these look....I'm kind of glad I am allergic to all chocolate and strawberries as I may have eaten them all!!!!....

....next step.....grate some more chocolate for decoration......

....once the cakes are cool.....place on the serving plate.....evenly spread with Jam.....

....evenly spread with whipped cream......

....place next cake on top.....

.....spread a small layer of whipped cream on top......ooohhh, look at that jam oozing out!....

....decorate with premade chocolate strawberries and grated chocolate......

The finished product!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

....just to tempt you, incase your not tempted already!!!!!!!!

....and another one......can you believe this is gluten free, preservative free and additive free!!??


There was nothing left over so I'm assuming it was a hit all round!

Take Care Of You,
Coll x


1 comment: