Friday 22 June 2012

Hubby is home,a yummy dinner & another cake....

Yay! My hubby is home after being in America for almost 3 weeks. We all missed him terribly although it was amazing how quickly the twins got use to seeing him on the IPad and expect him to be there! When he got home the twins were asleep and when they woke up their reaction was quite cute, staring at him and little miss was poking him in the face, if she could speak I'm sure she would have been asking if he was real! I gave the big girls the day off school as they were so very excited and couldn't wait to see him. I knew they would be no use going to school, there was no way they would concentrate! When they saw his bus pull up they RAN and jumped into his arms! Once again, so lovely to see.


It seems Josh has a little detoxing to do from American food! I think he over indulged in hot dogs and giant burgers! He doesn't have allergies so it's only natural for him to enjoy it all, especially when it was his first time there. He has taken a whole heap of photos which is nice to see as he went to many places in the time he was there. His overall impression on America was how BIG everything was, from the food, to the shops, to the houses and even the petrol stations!

Josh in an antique store at Gruene (in Texas)
Josh and Fred Noe (the 7th generation Master distiller from the Beam Family)

Josh enjoying the food and the day watching The Oakland A's and The San Diego Pedros Baseball
He certainly has come home to the right house for his detoxing though and simply for him to get back into healthy eating......and he of course has come home to a completely additive free home, which we weren't before he left!

Last night for dinner I cooked 'Coconut Chicken' from Cut out the Crap for Kids and being a little time poor I threw together some veggies into one tray for the oven and they were DELICIOUS.....I can say that because I was thankfully able to taste 2 or 3 mouth of them before the twins (18months) devoured the rest of mine......AFTER they ate their own dinner too! I will never complain though sharing my veggies....as much as I LOVE them, I love even more that they are so willing to eat them! Here is the 'recipe' for the veggies I did....


ONE TRAY ROASTED VEG AND CHICKPEAS!

Thinly slice 2 carrots, 2 zucchini, 1 brown onion, 2-3 sticks of celery, 2 medium washed potatoes and 1 tin of drained chickpeas....throw it all in the oven (200c) with a drizzle of olive oil until golden (approx 30 minutes)

YUM!!!!!!!!


Miss 10 is having her sleep over tonight with a couple of friends for her birthday. I made another "1 cake 9 ways" from Cut out the Crap for Kids and she decorated it with Miss "almost" 8 ..... they all loved it!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,

Take Care Of You,
Collette x


"1 cake 9 ways" from COTC for kids - cooked in a lamington tray &
I used fresh orange juice instead of lemon juice....
I made an icing with only Passionfruit Pulp and Pure Icing.....
I iced 1 cake......
I placed the second cake on top......
I then iced it also with the Passionfruit Icing.....
and the girls decorated it! Miss 10 chose the photo
of her and her baby sister....cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment