Tuesday 1 January 2013

SUPER MUM interview "Robyn" aka "GIRL ON RAW"!

Good Evening and HAPPY NEW YEAR! WOW! 2013!!!!! I feel old when I say it but last year just went SO fast! I had a wonderful year in the world of CUT OUT THE CRAP with releasing the popular CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS and reaching over 5,000 friends on Facebook…..the support and comments from COTC friends is sincerely touching and I truly love hearing when people cook from my books and what their favourites are….it gives reason to my sleepness nights when thinking about food and creations!

I am unbelievably excited and positive about what this year is going to bring in the COTC world with me working busily on COTC #3! (still nameless!) and I can not wait to share it with you all and hopefully you will love it even more than the first 2 books! Being committed to what I do, I test and retest the recipes several times and take all the photos myself, so it is not a quick process, I am hoping to have it launched October this year….with how fast 2012 has gone, it will be here before we know it!

For New Years Eve my hubby, Josh, and I went and celebrated at Harrigans Irish Pub in Pokolbin (Hunter Valley) and watched Thirsty Merc! We are lucky enough to have my parents live only 15 minutes from there and they were more than happy to have the kids for the night so we could go out. Another moment of me feeling old though when the tickets said ‘starts at 7′ ….so we arrived at 7…..and sat and waited until 11.50 for Thirsty Merc to finally come out and perform for an hour! By this time I was pretty much over it and felt like being curled up in bed like an old woman…I was over people blowing smoke on me, spilling drinks on me and bumping me and the sight of complete and utter drunkenness….oh my I sound old!  (add to this that I only had 3 hours sleep the night before as I wasnt well with my tummy….food allergies hey…..) I must say though Thirsty Merc were AMAZING and I loved having the night with hubby as its not something we often get the chance to do. I hope whatever you did for New Years Eve was fantastic also!

Josh and I at Thirsty Merc (no comment from me on his drink…as he works for the company!)

Josh with Thirsty Merc playing in the background. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am a day late with my very last SUPER MUM interview….but as I said on Facebook, it will be worth the wait. This beautiful Mum of 1 is about to become a Mum of 2….she was due a few days ago and I am regularly checking for news of her bubbas safe arrival to the world. I first found out about this lady when I was doing research for buying a Juicer…..I was SO inspired by her that I bought a juicer straight away and have followed her eagerly ever since….I was blown away when one day a few months later I received an email off her asking little ol’ ME to do a guest blog for her!!!! WOWZA!!!!! I am overjoyed to have this amazing lady as my very last Super Mum! Here she is…..

ROBYN……aka “Girl on Raw” ……

The gorgeous Robyn

Tell us a little bit about you and your family?

Howdy Collette, thank you so much for allowing me to be included in this fantastic section on Super Mum’s. I feel really honoured.

I am a stay a home mum to one gorgeous boy (21 Months) and a little girl due any moment. I thought  a Christmas or New Year baby! I live in Saudi Arabia with my Australian husband, where we met when I was flight attendant to the oil minister of Saudi and my husband works for an oil company out here.

Beautifully glowing with Pregnancy!

I am also a trained raw food chef and health coach, and run my business from home, teaching raw food classes, writing eBooks and working with clients all over the world to reach their health goals.

No one in our family has any specific health allergies, however my husband has continued sinus problems that we try to eradicate with dietary changes and regular detox cleanses and I have a strong family history of diabetes, heart disease and coeliac disease.

You can find out more about me here www.girlonraw.com/about

Robyns little man! What a cutie hey!

Professional photos…..This is just stunning……

 What one ingredient can you not live without and why?

I cannot live without my greens (kale, cos lettuce, cabbage, spinach etc.), which I use in green smoothies, green juices, salads and other delicious recipes.

 If you had half an hour to cook dinner and realized you didn’t have anything planned, what would you cook?

If I only had half an hour to cook dinner I’d pop 2 pieces of salmon fillet in the oven for 20 mins (I eat primarily plant based but my son and husband still eat small amounts of fish & chicken and I cook their dinners) steam some broccoli and serve with a side a lemon quinoa. I’d either eat the veggies or make myself a quick green smoothie. That’s me talking right now however where I’m 37 weeks pregnancy with not much of an appetite! So I am not eating much for dinner.

I also like to throw in a vegetable quiche into the oven and serve with a side salad. It’s quick to prepare and you just throw whatever vegetables you have laying around in the fridge.

I have no idea what this is….but it looks delicious! I know my kids think the best part about cooking is licking the bowls!

 What is once piece of advice you can pass on to other busy mums?

In terms of advice, still being such a new mama myself, I am learning though trial and error, however the things that are really helping me eat properly right now are:

Meal planning

Batch cooking

Kitchen prep day

Utilizing a slow cooker & rice cooker

Having healthy snacks on hand

Using smoothies as quick meal replacements as well as trail mixes and fresh fruit for snacks on the run

Robyn with a juice on the run!

If you could have dinner with any 3 people in the world, who would it be and why?

You – because I’d love to sit down (amongst the craziness of all the kids ha) and enjoy a meal that we could prepare together with no crap and plenty of love –and maybe some wine?

Marie Forleo business and life coach – because she comes across as smart, sassy and would make for very interesting dinner conversation

I’m sorry to break the rules here but I’d love to include my girlfriends back home in Australia. As an expat living so far away from my best girlfriends, it would be such a novelty to have them all in the same room as me to enjoy a beautiful meal together. Again of course wine would be present!

I became a HUGE fan of your blog “Girl on Raw” when I stumbled upon it a few months back when I was looking into making my own juices! It has been a pleasure to get to know you via email (sadly we can’t catch up when you live in Saudi Arabia!) and I am so pleased you agreed to this interview. I would love to know more about how “Girl on Raw” started, what inspires you and what keeps you going?

Collette, I became a BIG fan of your website when I was searching for a meal with zucchini’s for my family dinner and came across your recipe of zucchini fritters and your Cut Out The Crap book! I am ordering it by the way for my mum to bring to Saudi when she comes to visit in January.

Girl on Raw began as a resource for me mainly to keep myself accountable with my new dietary habits I had formed after years of abusing my body with fad diets and living hard and fast as a flight attendant. As friends and others became interested in what I was doing, I wanted to have a place to direct them to online where they could see what kinds of foods I ate, and research I came across regarding health and wellness.

As I knew my career as a flight attendant was coming to a close I realised raw food and healthy living was something that made me bounce out of bed for, and I wanted to learn more and share it with as many people as possible as it made me feel that good!

Other blogs, websites, my family’s health and feeling my best inspire me everyday. I want to live a long, healthful life and I want my husband and children to experience the same so this keeps me going. Plus the pure raw energy of raw living foods is amazing! It definitely KEEPS me going :-)

Website: www.girlonraw.com 

Facebook: www.facebook.com/girlonraw2

Twitter: www.twitter.com/girlonraw

Robyns new and BRILLIANT ebook! I have it and LOVE it!

I want to take a moment to say a MASSIVE heartfelt THANK YOU to not only Robyn (who I too would LOVE to sit down with one day and enjoy great food and company!), but to all the amazing Mums out there that have given up their time to share their stories with me and you over the past many months. If you have missed any, they are all here on my blog, so please take the time to read through and smile, laugh, cry, be interested and inspired like I have with these ‘everyday Super Mums’!

I truly hope that 2013 is the best year yet for you and your family! I wish you extreme happiness and that you start / continue the life style choice of healthy and tasty CRAP FREE eating! (remembering its not about fad diets!)

My aim is to continue to share my journey of day to day highs and lows of living with major food allergies and share many scrumptious recipes with you! If there is anything inparticular you would like to see me create or write about I would dearly love to hear from you!  Please comment here or email me at info@cutoutthecrap.com.au

Sending much love and many blessings your way!

Take Care of You,
Collette x

 


SUPER MUM interview "Robyn" aka "GIRL ON RAW"!

No comments:

Post a Comment