Friday 4 January 2013

Fish Parcels, Roasted Mini Roma Tomatoes and Kale Chips

Good Evening! I hope this finds you all well and I hope you have had a GREAT week!

I have to say, I LOVE FISH…and I love how wonderful and healthy it makes me feel when I eat it! Here is a simple and fresh fish recipe for you to enjoy along with 2 sides, roasted tomatoes and kale chips……

STEAMED FISH PARCELS

serves 2 adults

OPTION # ONE

Steamed Fish Parcels Option #1

2 large pieces baking paper (approx 40cm)

1 large handul baby spinach

2 pieces white fish (each cut on half)

4 spring onions – halved

1 lemongrass stalk – thinly sliced

1 tomato – finely diced

2 small red hot chillis – halved

2 small pieces of dill and coriander

1 lemon – use the juice to squeeze

OPTION # TWO

Steamed Fish Parcels Option #2

2 large pieces baking paper (approx 40cm)

2 large kale leaves

2 pieces white fish (each cut on half)

1 lime sliced

1 piece flat leaf parsley

METHOD

Work with one piece of paper and half the ingredients at a time – to make two parcels. 

Place the baby spinach / kale on the centre of the baking paper. Place fish on top and then top with the rest of the ingredients.

Wrap the sides of the baking paper up to form a “parcel”.

I don’t have a large enough steamer, so I fill the bottom of my large wok with approx 1 litre boiling water (I pre boil this in the kettle) and then I place the wire rack in. Keep water boiling on a medium heat.

Place the fish parcels onto the wire rack and place on the lid for 10-15 minutes until thoroughly cooked. (I check mine after 10 minutes, it depends on the size of your fish).

Ready to go….

Option #1 served with a side of roast vegetables

Option # 2 just unwrapped …..

Why is fish so good for you??? Fish is packed with Omega 3 Fatty Acids which is great for your heart, can help with arthritis, depression, eyesight and energy levels…..plus so much more…..

I love this as I can use a ‘cheaper’ piece of fish eg New Zealand Hoki and the flavours of the herbs etc make it a delicious dish.

As you can see you can use any fresh ingredients you wish to suit your taste. When “steaming” be extra careful to not burn yourself. When taking my parcels off the rack I have a plate right next to me and I use tongs.

We have fish twice a week and this is my favourite way of cooking fish lately….why not try it????

Tonight we had the kale and lime fish and this was our side…..

BAKED MINI ROMA TOMATOES

20 mini roma tomatoes

good pinch herbamare (or salt and pepper)

1 tblspn olive oil

1 tspn dried rosemary

Place all ingredients onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in 180c oven for 20 minutes.

before….

after….

Why are tomatoes  so good for you??? Here are a few reasons – they are fat free and a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, B6, folate, magnesium and potassium.

KALE CHIPS

1 large bunch of kale – trimmed into 2-3cm peices

drizzle of oil

good pinch of herbamare (or salt and pepper)

Preheat oven to 180c

Toss the Kale in the oil and seasoning and lay on a single layer on a non stick baking tray.

Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until crispy!

my big bunch of kale….

cooked kale chips

Why is Kale so good for you??? It is fat free, high in Vitamin A, C, K, calcium, iron and is beneficial for juicing and detoxing.

MY TIMELINE

Preheat oven to 180c

Make fish parcels and set aside in the fridge

Prepare tomatoes on one tray and kale on another tray

Place tomatoes and kale into oven to 10 minutes

Boil jug

Stir / toss tomatoes and kale

Place fish in steamer and cook for 10 minutes – meanwhile the tomatoes and kale will cook for a further 10 minutes and everything should be cooked at the same time.

 ENJOY!

Dinner…..YUM!

Would love to hear from you when you cook this……

Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

www.facebook.com/cutoutthecrap

 


Fish Parcels, Roasted Mini Roma Tomatoes and Kale Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment