Monday 19 September 2011

Holidays!

As I sit here blogging and catching up on emails and Facebook, I am finding myself in that calm holiday mode! Each year we pack the family up and head 4 hours away to spend 2 weeks by the beach, to do nothing but relax.
What an event it was this year packing for the 6 of us. I have done well and not forgotten too much - my joggers and hat were the main things! I must say though I made up for it with the things I packed that we probably won't need! I had a minor dilemma with misplacing my bag of swimmers at home (the joys of not having enough cupboard space for 6 people is that clothes can go in bags and tubs!) and left for holidays still not being able to find them! Luckily though I bought myself a nice one piece before we left and knew where they were, and it just means I will have to head down to all these beach side shops and buy myself another pair, I'm wondering if you can pick up the disappointment in my voice!!!!
Anyway, we are here, we spent out first day on the beach yesterday, which was the twins first time, so super exciting. We have my inlaws that are here for a week of our holiday, and other friends Al and Al that are here the whole time, and then some great friends The Kerrigans which came down just for one night to see us....it's great to catch up at the beach every morning, sit back and relax and watch the kids running around (or in the twins case just sitting there) and enjoy those peaceful moments in life where you realize life really is good and appreciate just how blessed you are to have health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment