Sunday 25 September 2011

Holiday Cooking

Day 7 of holidays and we are all truly relaxed. We have had 5 days of beautiful beach weather and the last 2 days has been cool and miserable weather. We have been lucky enough to get a few fine moments to venture out for some little walks, girls have gone for a ride, Josh has gone fishing, I have caught up on reading and yes, typical of me, some baking! In the middle of writing COTC #2 and I simply can't seem to shut my mind down from thinking about recipe ideas! I went to the shop the other day and bought some muffin trays and have a batch of Apricot Muffins cooking as we speak! It seems to be on of my releases, and somewhere where I have come to feel so comfortable, in the kitchen and cooking. Who would have thought the Collette of years ago that couldn't even cook a stir-fry could become so obsessed with cooking, let alone write a book!
I have bought along with me some of my favorite cooking equipment that I just couldn't go 2 weeks without! Scanpans, knives, mini food processor, potato peeler and a few other things! I am frustrated though with a fridge that is only just keeping things cold and a freezer that is not freezing...cooking up a heap of chicken tonight that froze but then started defrosting and had to throw out a box of icecreams for the girls. Hopefully the real estate can do something about fixing it tomorrow.
Josh has been heading out most afternoons to do a spot of fishing, not having too much luck though. I have had fresh fish 2 nights (although i think his dad caught it) and I must say there is nothing better, you can certainly taste the difference. Hope he has some more luck
today!
Well, my muffins are ready and smelling amazing and my little girl is waking, so time for me
to keep moving.....

Take Care Of You
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment