Tuesday 3 June 2014

Roasted Veg Salad with Tamari Sprinkles

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you all well. We are well here…the preschool germs have left the house… the sun is shining and we had a beautiful weekend relaxing with family and eating loads of cake for my birthday on Monday (Happy Birthday ME!) 


10303460_10152159960036527_8309310514123622184_n

My sister knows me well, I have a slight obsession with coffee and tea cups and she bought me this one for my Birthday!


Last week I popped this salad together for dinner … I should have made twice as much as the twins alone (Master and Miss 3 1/2 years) wanted to eat it all! They LOVED it! I am not complaining at all! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 


Roasted Veg Salad with Tamari Sprinkles


Roast Veg Salad with Tamari Sprinkles


4 tblspns slivered almonds


2 tblspns sesame seeds


4 tblspns tamari sauce (wheat free soy sauce)


2 large zucchini – each cut into approx. 1cm thick fingers


4 medium carrots – each cut into approx. 1cm thick fingers


3 fresh beetroot – each cut into medium cubes (4-8 pieces from each one depending on their size)


drizzle of oil of choice


½ medium green cabbage shredded (approx 2-3 cups)


½ medium purple cabbage shredded (approx 2-3 cups) 


In a small bowl place the almonds, sesame seeds and tamari sauce. Mix well and set aside for at least ½ an hour.


Preheat oven to 180c. Place zucchini, carrots and beetroot onto a tray and drizzle with a little oil (try to keep the veg on an even layer / don’t overlap them).


Cook for 20 minutes, turn the veg, then cook for a further 20 minutes (or until cooked – don’t overcook them).


Place the soaked almonds and seeds into a small saucepan and stir continuously over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until slightly crunchy (they wont go 100% crunchy due to them being soaked).


On a serving platter place the shredded cabbages, top with roasted vegies then sprinkle with toasted almonds and seeds.


Serve as is or as a side to meat, fish or chicken. 


As always, I would love to hear from you when you make this … wishing you a beautiful day! 


Take Care of You,


Collette x 


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 



Roasted Veg Salad with Tamari Sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment