Tuesday 24 June 2014

Hazelnut Balls

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you all well and having a lovely week. 


We are all reasonably well here … still trying to completely rid our home of pre-school cold and flu germs that are hanging around more than they are welcome, especially with my Miss 3 1/2! It has been real Winter days here but I am still trying to have windows and doors open to get fresh air blowing through, I have salt lamps on, have half onions laying around the house everywhere (apparently they are meant to capture germs!) and I have the kids in essential oil and epsom salt baths, drinking Kombucha, eating Pickled cucumbers, taking Olive Leaf Extract, Manuka honey and I am sprinkling Superfood powders on everything! Sigh … yes … I am one of those Mums and I am ok with that! 


10364194_10152199170471527_4703730745798773838_n

Me with my Miss 3 1/2 last week – she came to watch her big sisters at their Athletics Carnival but slept in my arms most of the day! Lucky this Mumma LOVES snuggles!


A few weeks back my Miss 12 was given a box of Ferrero Rochers by a teacher at School as a Thank you for some extra help she did – fast forward past my issue with them being packed with harmful additives that she just doesn’t need – I decided to make something similar with some roasted Hazelnuts I had in the Cupboard leftover from making my homemade Hazelnut Spread


Like most recipes for bliss balls these “Hazelnut Balls” are easy to make, have limited ingredients are gluten, dairy, refined sugar free, preservative / additive free AND unbelievabley yummy … these ones (if I dare say it!) might just be my favourite of all …. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! 


Hazelnut Balls


Hazelnut Balls


1 cup hazelnuts – roasted (160g)


10 medjool dates – seeds removed (120g)


1 tblspn cacao


1 heaped tspn coconut oil (my coconut oil was hard)


¼ tspn cinnamon


good pinch salt


20 roasted hazelnuts – extra


Place all the ingredients, except the extra hazelnuts, into a food processor and blitz on high speed for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined.


(TMX = Speed 9 for 30 seconds)


Make heaped teaspoon size balls out of the mixture, insert a hazelnut into the middle  of each balls and roll again.


Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.


Makes 20 


Option: replace cacao with additive free drinking chocolate of your choice. 


You could get creative and roll the balls in coconut, toasted coconut or even crushed hazelnuts. 


Would love to hear from you when you make these … however, please don’t blame me if you can’t stop at just one! 


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 



Hazelnut Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment