Thursday 29 May 2014

Salted Choc and Almond Fudge

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you well! 


Last night I had a dream … actually I had two that I can recall … the first one was bizarre as My Miss 11 had the exact same dream! We both dreamt that Hubby shaved his beard off …. I think he is going through a mid-life crisis wanting to grow a beard and clearly it must be on our mind as to how much we like it (insert sarcasm here) … the second dream was about fudge … gooey, chocolately and salty …. I woke this morning to find that hubby has no intention of shaving off his beard …. so I settled with making some fudge instead! 


I now have it hiding in the freezer as it is SO good and I just keep having ‘one more bit’ …. I hope you love it as much as I do! 


Salted Choc and Almond Fudge


 


Salted Choc and Almond Fudge


1 cup coconut oil (100g)


¾ cup maple syrup (225g)


4 tblspns cacao powder (20g)


good pinch salt


1 cup slivered almonds – toasted (120g)


½ tspn salt – extra 


Line a lamington / slice tin with baking paper and set aside.


Place the coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao and pinch of salt into a small saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly until thoroughly combined. Leave on a low heat for 10 minutes – stirring occasionally – be careful not to burn it.


TMX: 10 minutes / 37c / speed 3. Scrape down sides. Then, 5 minutes / 50c / speed 4.


Pour chocolate into the lined tray, roll the tray slightly to ensure the base is covered evenly. Sprinkle chocolate evenly with extra salt and then the almonds. Press the almonds into the chocolate mixture only gently, just to make sure they stick.


Place mixture into the freezer for at least 2 hours (overnight is preferable) before cutting into squares.


Store in an airtight container in the freezer.


NOTE: This needs to be stored in the freezer as it is fudge like and will soften quickly.


I use good rock salt and used a grinder to put the salt evenly over the top of the chocolate. I couldn’t measure it but it looked approx ½ tspn – if you have a salt grinder this will be the best way for an even layer. 


Wishing you a wonderful weekend full of love, laughter, happy memories, great food and maybe some Salted Choc Almond Fudge! 


Take Care Of You, 
Collette x 


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 


No comments:

Post a Comment