Thursday 8 May 2014

Basil and Coconut Chicken

Good Afternoon friends, I hope this finds you well!


We are all well here besides a silly injury I got yesterday … would you like to laugh at me? Well here is your opportunity … I have put my neck / back out …. by sneezing … and it’s not like I even had a huge sneezing fit .. it was just one! I can almost hear you laughing! 


I love nothing more than picking things from my vegetable and herb garden and using it in our meals! I have loads of basil at the moment so decided to make a yummy marinade for some chicken with it … this is what I came up with … quick, easy, really quite simple and fuss free … and of course Gluten, Dairy, Preservative / Additive free and TASTY! I hope you enjoy it like my family does … 


Basil and Coconut Chicken


Basil and Coconut Chicken


4 single Chicken Breast Fillets


270ml coconut cream


½ -1 bunch fresh basil (30g) (see notes below)


1 clove garlic


good pinch salt and pepper


Cut each Chicken Breast Fillets into 4 even pieces.


Place the coconut cream, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz until the basil is finely chopped and everything is thoroughly combined. (TMX Speed 6 / 20 seconds).


Place the basil and coconut sauce into a bowl with the prepared chicken breast fillets. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.


Preheat oven to 180c and line a large lasagne tray with baking paper.


Place the marinated chicken onto the tray (on an even layer) and cook for 20 minutes, turn and cook for a further 20 minutes or until chicken in thoroughly cooked.


Serve with vegetables or salad.


Note:


  • I picked basil from my garden – so it was hard to give an exact amount from the sleeve you would buy – the basil I used weighed 30g.

  • If you like things spicy you could add ½ – 1 hot chilli when processing the basil, coconut cream etc

motherhood

A beautiful quote from Pinterest


Wishing all the Mums out there a HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY …. I hope you are all spoilt and I don’t mean gifts but with love, hugs and kisses! 


I am also mindful of all the ladies out there that have lost children, are longing to be Mum’s and are not able to or are struggling with fertility at the  moment. I would like to express the warmest heartfelt wishes to you and I hope you can surround yourself with loved ones and also have a beautiful day.


My 4 children are all IVF babies, I give thanks daily that I am their Mum. 


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 


No comments:

Post a Comment