Tuesday 27 May 2014

Cultured Food - STARTING!

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you well and that you are having a great week so far. 


Last week I went along to my very first “Cultured Food” workshop, run by the lovely Jane from Wholefood Family. My interest in fermented food and cultured food has been growing more and more and I was thrilled to have been able to attend this workshop. I left with a notepad of information, a mind swimming with even more information and ideas and the desire to give everything in the world of cultured food a try … so it is what I am going to do! I thought you might like to come along on the journey!


So far in my journey my limit of Fermenting Food is this “Sauerkraut / Fermented Veg  - Probiotics Recipe” – I have been making it for a few months now, super easy to make and we all enjoy it daily, either just having a mouthful here and there or as a side to our meals. I know there is SO much more to this kind of food and I have become aware how each type of cultured food provides different probiotics for us.


Fermented Veg


Over the next few weeks I will be sharing with you some recipes and useful information about cultured food … things that are easy enough for us beginners to understand and try at home without too much stress and panic! So if you are in the same boat as me and want to give some things a go but don’t know where to start, then stick around and hopefully my posts will help you (to be sure you don’t miss my posts on FB I encourage you to Subscribe to my blog on the homepage - it costs nothing – I won’t spam you – it will simply ensure that my blogs will to get delivered straight to your email address).


As I am only learning also, I will be reaching out to ‘experts’ in the area and I will be learning at the same time as you! Should be fun!


Let’s start …. 


Today I am so very pleased to share with you this WONDERFUL post from my friend and inspiration in the world of healthy food and cooking, Alexx Stuart from Real Food and Low Tox Living. The information Alexx shares on this blogpost “Fermented Vegetables: The WHY and the HOW basics” is a MUST read for those of you wanting to start this exciting journey. Alexx sure knows what she is talking about and left me even more excited to get in the Kitchen and start more fermenting! 


… first step, order some bigger glass jars!


… second step, sit and wait (not so patiently) for them to arrive in the mail!


Have a fantastic day, enjoy reading Alexx’s post linked above and I will talk with you all again soon!


Take Care of You,


Collette x  


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 



Cultured Food - STARTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment