Sunday 30 March 2014

Make your own general Cleaner ...

Good Afternoon friends, I hope this finds you well and that you had the most wonderful weekend. We had a lovely time here …. Friday night we booked in the Babysitter and hubby and I went and saw ‘Noah’ at the movies. Saturday hubby surprised me with a new Oven! It is just a cheapie (I wasn’t keen on getting a good one as I would like to do a complete Kitchen Renovation in a few years) but it is GREAT and so much better than the one I had …. my old one needed a chair against it to keep the door closed and the last few days the Thermostat had a mind of its own!


J and new oven

Hubby putting in my new oven


Sunday we went to a friends Wedding where hubby was best man …. what a beautiful Wedding it was. The bride looked breathtaking , the groom looked so very handsome …. I sat at a table with some lovely ‘new’ friends and had many laughs. It was truly lovely. 


J and C

Hubby and I – love him so much!


A couple of weeks back I posted on here how I clean my fruit and veg … since then I have had a few people ask me what I do for other cleaning products so I thought I would share some with you. For cleaning around my home I use one of two things 1) Enjo and / or 2) my homemade general cleaner – I have seen over the years a few different ‘recipes’ for general cleaner and I have adapted it and taken the bits I like to end up with this one …. I love it, it cleans beautifully and smells magnificent! I hope you love it as much as I do!


General Cleaner 2

The finished product…


General Cleaner


500ml water (boiling)


¼ cup bicarb soda


1 litre water (room temperature)


1 cup white vinegar


¼ cup dishwashing liquid


1/8 cup ( or 30ml) eucalyptus oil


In a large bowl place the boiling water and bicarb soda to dissolve.


Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. 


It is perfectly normal for it to FIZZ! 


Allow the mixture to settle for 10 minutes before pouring into individual spray bottles and / or a large 2 litre bottle. 
Note: you can add a few drops of lavender or tea tree oil or essential oil of your choice for added fragrance. I personally use approximately 5 drops if tea tree oil and lavender OR lemon OR lime. 


General Cleaner 1


As a bonus to the fact that I believe it cleans well and smells amazing, this general cleaner SAVES you money also! Here are my calculations for this 1 1/2 litre mix: (I have compared prices to those at a Supermarket)


Water =  $0


Bicarb = $0.26  (based on 1kg costing = $3.70)


Vinegar = $0.15 (based on 2 litres $1.18)


Eucalyptus oil = $1.40 (based on 100% Euc oil $4.62 100ml)


Dishwash liquid = $0.19 (based on average price and brand  at $0.50 for 100ml)


TOTAL: 1 1/2 litres = $2.00 which equals $0.13 per 100ml


COMPARE THIS TO:


Multi-cleaners: 


Jif – $0.94 per 100ml (just over SEVEN times more expensive!) 


Coles brand – $0.66 per 100ml


Earth Choice – $0.56 per 100ml 


Ajax – $0.87 per 100ml


Wishing you all a wonderful week! Look forward to chatting more soon!


Take Care of You, 


Exotic Ginger Bar

NEW AND NOW AVAILABLE ON MY ONLINE STORE! Ginger Biotic Exotic Ginger Jamu Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Make your own general Cleaner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment