Tuesday 25 March 2014

Cauliflower Rice

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you well and having a great week so far. 


I wanted to share with you this idea for ‘Cauliflower Rice’ (which has been around for a while and is ever so popular in homes everywhere)….perfect for those on a grain free diet and perfect for those trying to get extra veg into their kiddies meals….I have mentioned it a few times on my page and often get asked ‘how’ to make it….so here it is….simple, quick and delicious….you will never know the difference between eating this and white rice!


Cauliflower Rice


Cauliflower Rice


½ large cauliflower (approx 600g)


1 tblspn coconut oil and pinch of salt and pepper optional


Grate or process the cauliflower until it resembled grains of rice.


(TMX: 5 seconds, reverse, speed 5 – may need a few seconds more – depending  on the size of your cauli)


To cook there are a few options:


  • You can place it in a saucepan (no oil) and stir 5-8 minutes on a medium heat until tender and cooked.

  • You can place it in a saucepan with coconut oil and seasoning – stir well – then place the lid on and steam on a medium – low heat for 5-8 minutes until tender.

  • TMX version: place the cauli in the steaming basket (with 500-600g water in the bowl) and steam for 12 minutes, speed 3, varoma. 

The first time I served this to my family as ‘rice’ with their meal I sat there smiling and watching on as they devoured their meal without knowing they weren’t eating rice – at the end I asked them how it was …. ‘GREAT’ was the response …. I then went on to tell them it was cauliflower ‘rice’ ….. their reactions were quite funny and were confused as to ‘how’ it was cauli rice and ‘why’ they didn’t realize …. I don’t know about you but the conversations around our dinner table are always fun, often crazy and generally full of laughs …. Even over something as simple as figuring out the in’s and out’s of cauli rice!


Wishing you a wonderful afternoon and I look forward to chatting more soon!


Take Care of You,


Collette x 


Instagram:


http://instagram.com/collette_cutoutthecrap


 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment