Tuesday 4 March 2014

Apple Muffin Bites

Good Afternoon friends, I hope this finds you all well and having a great week so far. 


I am excited to share with you today a yummy recipe that I created a few weeks ago …. by mistake! You would be surprised how often I have this ‘brilliant idea’ and then try and get it to turn out in the kitchen only for it to be a big FLOP! Quite often I have to test and re-test and change things several times before it is worthy to share! 


I had some delicious organic apple puree in the pantry and decided I would make some biscuits swapping the egg for apple sauce …. it didn’t turn out to be the biscuit or crunchy cookie that I had hoped for BUT what turned out was this little treat more like a bite of a muffin and even more excitingly the kids devoured the batch fresh and warm out of the oven. That is always a good sign for me! 


I have made them a few times since (I always test the recipes I post on here 2-3 times before posting and always minimum 3 times in my books) using both wholemeal flour and rice and buckwheat flour. Both were a hit. These ‘bites’ are NOT overly sweet – so if you have a sweet tooth you might want to up the sugar to suit your taste! Another great recipe for your kids lunch box for a snack! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!


Apple Muffin Bites


Apple Muffin Bites


2 cups (290g) wholemeal plain flour OR half rice flour and half buckwheat flour for Gluten Free option


1 cup (280g) apple sauce (sugar free: ingredients nothing but pureed apples)


¼ cup (45g) rapadura (or brown sugar)


1 tblspn (10g) chia seeds


1 tblspn (10g) drinking choc / cacao of choice


1 tspn cinnamon


1 tspn baking powder


Preheat oven to 180c and line a large tray with baking paper.


Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk (using a hand blender) until thoroughly combined.


TMX: 50 seconds – Speed 2.


Place heaped teaspoon amounts of this mixture onto the tray and bake for 10 minutes. 


Allow to cool slightly before enjoying – store in an airtight container (once completely cool).


Makes 10 -12


Wishing you a great afternoon and rest of the week and I look forward to chatting more with you soon!


Take Care of You, 


Collette x


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 

No comments:

Post a Comment