Sunday 16 March 2014

Corn on the Cob - side dish

Good Morning friends! I hope this finds you well and that you had a lovely weekend. 


We had a lovely time. Friday night the 6 of us went to the Football with some friends, Manly V Souths. It was a great night and a great game and WOO HOO Manly won!


j and s

My hubby and my little man ……


c and a

Me with a great friend (even though she is a Bunnies supporter!) at the footy on Friday night! Happy Birthday Ab! Love you x


Hubby was away over the weekend at a Bucks Weekend so Saturday the kids and I went up to the Hunter Valley to see my parents for the day. I took my Thermomix for it’s first day trip and cooked Mum and Dad some veg stock concentrate, dinner and dessert. 


TMX Mum and Dad


You may have heard me say before that every now and then I don’t order groceries for a few days or a week and use up what I have in the cupboard, fridge and freezer. Well, this has been one of those weeks. I made this ‘side’ corn dish for my family to go with some roasted potatoes that I stirred pesto through ….. it was a huge hit and SO easy so I thought I would share the recipe with you. I hope you enjoy it. 


Corn on the Cob - side dish


Corn on the Cob – side dish


50g butter or 2 tblspns oil of choice


6 fresh corn cobs – remove husks and cut in half


200g button mushrooms – quartered


200g cherry tomatoes – halved


¼ cup water


good pinch salt and pepper


chilli flakes – optional


dried tarragon leaves – optional


Heat the butter or oil in a large fry pan. Add the corn to the fry pan and cook for 5 minutes on a high heat – turning the corn often.


Add the mushrooms and tomatoes, mix thoroughly and cook for 2 minutes, continually mixing.


Add the water and place the lid on the fry pan, turn the heat down to medium – low and steam for 3-4 minutes or until corn is thoroughly cooked.


To serve sprinkle with salt, pepper, chilli and tarragon.


 A beautiful side dish or healthy and tasty lunch. 


Have a beautiful week and I look forward to connecting more with you soon!


Take Care of You,


Collette x 


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 



No comments:

Post a Comment