Saturday 22 June 2013

Mushroom Risotto

Good Evening …. I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your weekend so far. A few people have told me that the recipes I post on my Facebook page get lost after a while as times goes by so I thought I would start posting them on here also so they are easier to find. 

Here is my Mushroom Risotto I created last week and that my family loved (I could not taste it as not only am I still on my RAW diet but I am also allergic to Mushrooms!) 

Mushroom Risotto

photo-2

In a large saucepan place 1 diced brown onion, 2 tspns coconut butter, 80g prosciutto (I found this additive free at Aldi) and 375g sliced mushrooms. Stir over a high heat until mushrooms are softened. Add 3 cups of arborio rice and mix well. BOIL THE JUG. Add 1 tspn thyme leaves, 1 tspn herbamare, 1/2 tspn dried sage and mix well. Turn heat down to medium and add 1 cup of boiling water. Mix well until the water is dissolved. Add another cup of water and continue this same process. In total add 7 cups of boiling water….make sure these are added one at a time and not all at the one time!!!!!! NOTE: adding this water 1 cup at a time and waiting for it to dissolve took 15 -20 minutes or so and I stirred it quite a lot to make it didn’t stick. 
Lastly stir through 1/2 bunch of chopped fresh chives. 
Serve with shaved parmesan if that is allowed in your diet.

Enjoy!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

 

 


Mushroom Risotto

No comments:

Post a Comment