Sunday 23 June 2013

Miss 11's Birthday and my first "Rainbow Cake"

Good Afternoon! I hope this finds you all well and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

My eldest daughter turned 11 last week and she had 6 friends over for a little sleep over party on Friday night. The kids were all so behaved and had a great time. 

IMG_9679

Me and my Miss 11

 

I did hommus and carrot sticks, chips and some natural lollies for when they arrived. Whilst the natural lollies aren’t 100% additive free in my opinion, it was only 1 packet and a party so I let it slide. 

We decided not to do “lolly bags” and instead Miss 11 made all her friends “cupcakes” and gave it to them not long after they arrived. She used cupcake cases, we bought them all nice warm socks and she stuck an additive free lollypop inside each one….they were super cute!

IMG_9689
We made homemade pizzas for dinner and cooked them on the bbq. Hubby and I made and rolled the bases and I had a range of toppings for them to make their own….tomato paste, corn, pineapple, capsicum, boiled and shredded chicken, mushrooms, cheese – all additive free. I was super impressed that I cut up into large chunks my 500g block of additive free cheese and it took 30 seconds to make “grated cheese” in my food processor. A lot of people aren’t aware that hidden additives and chemicals are generally in store bought grated cheese – so its great when its so easy to make your own. 

photo-4 copy 2

My grated cheese without the nasties in it!

photo-1 copy 7

Miss 8 with her homemade pizza!

Dessert was CAKE. Now there is a HUGE warning with this as YES it does have sugar in it ….. and a fair bit (especially the icing!) I made 4 of the “1 cake 9 ways” from my book “Cut out the Crap for Kids” – with the HOPPER natural food colours added – blue, pink, yellow, purple. I used 12 mls of each colour – except for the purple which I only used 10ml. So the CAKES were gluten, dairy and preservative / additive free.  

IMG_9682
IMG_9683
The icing was a butter icing with butter, icing sugar and blue hopper colour (approximately 6mls) – I joined the cakes together with the tiniest spread of jam – just to make it stick. 

IMG_9709

IMG_9717

She is growing up so fast – can’t believe we have an 11 year old ;-)

IMG_9721
The plan was for popcorn whilst the kids watched movies but they simply couldn’t fit it in!

The next morning for breakfast I did a big plate of fruit, made them their own chocolate milks with loving earth drinking chocolate and made “egg in breads” —– this breakfast was a MASSIVE hit!!!!!!!!!!!

photo-2 copy 4

Individual “Chocolate” Milks!

photo-3 copy 2

“Egg in bread”

I have to say that this is the 3rd year we have done a sleep over and its always the easiest and least stressful party….and the kids always have a lovely time :-)

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead – it is my girls last week of school before school holidays which excites me as I love school holidays!

Take Care of You,
Collette x


Miss 11's Birthday and my first "Rainbow Cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment