Thursday 18 April 2013

Whats in my Pantry "Tea, Coffee, Drinks"

Good afternoon! I hope this finds you well! I am doing well, on the count down to see my Naturopath to get me 100% (in 2 weeks time) and in the mean time plodding along, enjoying the school holidays, getting close to finishing the photos for COTC3, cleaning eggs off the front of my house (yes our home was egged by young idiots last night) and doing up Master and Miss 2′s bedroom! (photos to come I promise…I am SO excited about it!) YAY!

Today I am sharing with you the continuing ‘series’ of whats in MY Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free Pantry…..if you have missed any make sure you scoot back and have a browse and there are still plenty more to come over the following weeks……

“Tea, Coffee, Drinks”

IMG_8909

photo-2

 
The first thing I have is Coffee….not instant…not sachets…but coffee beans…I have a coffee maker and a hubby that makes me the most AMAZING coffee (on rice milk which not many people can get right!) I didn’t take a photo of the beans (as the are in the grinder container) …. we generally buy the beans from a local coffee shop where they roast them perfectly …. I LOVE my morning coffee….I normally one have one a day (sometimes but not often I have 2) and I figure with everything else I have to cut out because I am intolerant to it, coffee is not going to be cut out when I can have it and enjoy it so much! Believe it or mot coffee does have some health benefits – it is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, it may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and it can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Is it just me or does coffee taste better in a great mug!? I have a ‘slight’ collection of coffee mugs (if I find a mug / cup I like I always buy 2)….and I have been given a few with photos on them along the way and because of this ‘addiction’ I simply had to get Cut out the Crap ones! 

IMG_8910

photo-1

All 4 of my children LOVE this Berry Choc Chunk from Superfoods for Kidz. We normally have their C Berry Blast too but have just run out with another delivery due anyway. The Berry Choc Chunk is used almost daily for ‘hot chocolates’ and the C Berry Blast is mixed in with water for ‘juice’ ….if only they knew how good these drinks were for them!!!!!! For more details, and a full ingredients listing please check out their website www.superfoodsforkidz.com.au 

IMG_8911

Sadly I can’t have the Berry Choc Chunk listed above as I am intolerant to Berries. Excitingly though I CAN have this Drinking Chocolate from Loving Earth. The ingredients are: Organic Coconut Sugar,Organic Raw Dark Chocolate,(Organic Raw Cacao Nibs,Organic Evaporated Coconut Sugar, Organic Raw Cacao Butter, Organic Vanilla Beans, ) Organic Raw Cacao Powder, Sea Salt….and its truly delicious! 

IMG_8912

Rooibus Tea: I LOVE this tea! It is my ‘tea of choice’ …. It is a South African tea that is naturally caffeine free. You can get it organic in a box from your supermarket….you just have to look carefully as there is normally one 1-2 lines of it. Rooibus tea has many health benefits including being used to relieve stomach cramps in adults and colic in infants. I normally drink it black with the tea bag left in but if I am needing something a touch more comforting I add a splash of rice milk and 1/2 a tspn of agave syrup (or sweetener of your choice!) You should check it out if you haven’t already!

IMG_8914
A lot of my friends drink herbal teas so I like to have a choice for them when they come over.  Ginger tea is a ‘staple’ tea in my pantry…whilst it has a bit of that ginger ‘bite’ it has many wonderful health benefits and you can always add a touch of honey….ginger is proven to be great for motion sickness, morning sickness, any ‘sick’ tummy or belly and this is the tea to help reduce your ill feeling and symptoms. Ingredients for this brand of Ginger Tea is: Certified Organic – Ginger Root (min 70%) and Lemongrass. 

IMG_8915

I love Chai Tea and whilst I often make my own, this is a great tea to have on hand. Have it black or with a touch of milk….it smells beautiful and is so very warming. Check out this gorgeous cake I made with it also ….. Chia Chai Cake ….
The ingredients for this brand of Chai Spice tea is: Certified Organic – Black Tea, Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom, Ginger and Nutmeg. 

IMG_8916

This tea has a little twist on the standard Green Tea. Ingredients are: Certified Organic – Green Tea, Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom, Ginger and Nutmeg. If you like herbal teas and especially Green and Chai then you will thoroughly enjoy this combo!

IMG_8913

I went down to my Grandparents a while back and they offered me a white tea…to be honest I had never had it….Green, yes…..but ‘White’ no! I grabbed these next time I went shopping….Ingredients: White Tea Leaves. To me it is a similar taste to Green Tea…..just not as bitter, really enjoyable! Here is an interesting write up on the benefits of White Tea compared to Green Tea. 

I hope this finds you well and that you have had a wonderful week….enjoy your weekend, have fun and stay safe!

Take Care of You, 

Collette x


Whats in my Pantry "Tea, Coffee, Drinks"

No comments:

Post a Comment