Thursday 25 April 2013

In my handbag...my first ever 'blog party'...

Good Afternoon! I hope this finds you all well! I am incredibly excited to have been invited to be a part of a ‘blog party’ …. my first ever …. this was started by the ever amazing Sonia from Natural New Age Mum and the ‘theme’ is “Whats in your handbag” …. I was a little hesitant to be honest as I feel a handbag can show “the real you” and there was a twinge of fear after being judged for having 3 pieces of fruit in my kids lunch boxes then ‘what on earth’ will people say with my REAL handbag….but you know what though…this is ME…warts and all….(ok so NO I don’t have warts but you get my point!)….so here goes….

IMG_9254This is my cute little Tommy Hilfiger handbag that my hubby bought me back from The States last year. The way to a mans heart is through food, the way to my heart (well one of them!) is handbags…they don’t have to be brands, its about style and colour, hubby got it right with this one…he is a keeper ;-)

IMG_9256

Inside my handbag: My wallet that is generally over flowling with work receipts until I can’t close it and have to file them away! Its a $15 wallet from a handbag chain store and I love it! My Maui Jim Sunnies…this is the second pair I have owned and wouldn’t wear anything else, I am quite sensitive to the sunlight with my eyes and these for me are perfect. My ‘mini’ makeup bag which contains Adorn Lipgloss in Nude, Adorn Foundation, Organic Tampons, a hair elastic, a bobby pin or 2 and a mirror….oh and keys, house and car only. Simple as that. See that wasn’t so scary now was it! hmmm….ok I need to be honest, whilst YES this is my handbag, this is my “I am ducking to the shops to get milk” handbag….or my “I am an adult” handbag…..

IMG_9255

This is my ‘Colette’ handbag (if only it had another L it would really be mine!) I love it, its massive and soft and ‘comfy’ ….This is known as my “Mum” handbag….or my “just in case” handbag….or my “I need to see a Chiro after carrying this” handbag…..

are you ready to see inside……

IMG_9260

OK here goes….

As mentioned above, my wallet, sunnies, makeup bag and keys…. normally 3 water bottle also…

* Nappies, wipes and nappy bags … Just in case…. I have 2 year old twins….say no more (NO I don’t use cloth, I tried it with my first daughter for 3 months and it wasn’t for me, there was no way I would do it with twins)

* Chemical Maze book

* Additive Free Pantry Guide

* COTC Calico bag …. Just incase I need a bag … saves on plastic bags when I can

* Clear Envelope for work things – it has some brochures & business cards

* Gucci Multi-focals – just incase I need to see better … ha ha! I need these if we go to the movies or if I am reading for extended periods of time.

* My favourite Perfume “Jean Paul Gaultier” I have been wearing this since our Honeymoon almost 15 years ago….I have never found a scent I love as much

*  2 Superfoods for Kidz bars – just incase we are stuck without food or if the twins need to sit still for ’10 more minutes’

* Yummy Earth lolly drops ….yep scattered loosely all through my handbag …. just because I love them

* 2 pens – just incase

* Endota Spa Organic Muscle Magic – this is my first option for hormonal or tired headaches – rubbed into my temples and neck is amazing

* Nurofen plus – just incase … I haven’t used this in a long time, but don’t like to leave without it (for fear of having a food intolerance attack and needing it)

* PS Calm – after suffering PND and anxiety attacks I like to keep this with me at all times (yep you guessed it)…just incase….it is a natural relaxer which once again I haven’t taken since last November, but its my security blanket to have it there

* Anti-bacterial hand gel – just incase I am changing bottoms and there is no sink around to wash my hands…I know there is a lot of talk about how bad hand sanitizer is but I would rather use this than nothing!

*  Snack Pocket – this holds my Rooibus tea bags incase I am somewhere wanting a cuppa and they can’t cater for me…I can always get hot water! These cute little bags are from 4myearth and I am hoping I will soon be a stockist for them

* a spoon – never know when you might need one!

* Random things: a toy whistle, a toy car, a banana in pyjama figurine, a hair bow and Miss 2′s sunglasses  - even more proof that I am a Mum!

So thats it…..if you are keen to see what other ‘Natural New Age Mums’ have in their handbag check out the link here…. it is a fun blog post and also a brilliant blog in general to be connected with…

Wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend ahead!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

IMG_9201

Cuddles with my Miss 2 in the sun on a picnic yesterday!


In my handbag...my first ever 'blog party'...

No comments:

Post a Comment