Tuesday 9 April 2013

RECIPE! Chilli and Almond Chicken!

Good Afternoon! I hope this finds you all well and having a lovely week! I promise I will continue with my “whats in my pantry” blogs later this week that I know many of you have been enjoying…having not been 100% I am catching up on everything….blogs being one of the things! In the mean time this scrumptious recipe will hopefully make up for my absence! 

This meal was one of those dishes that was thrown together when I felt like cooking something ‘new’ for dinner (ok well it did have a bit of thought to it!) …. I had chicken out and a heap of fresh basil and chilli so this is what I created……… ENJOY! 
IMG_8568

 

chilli and almond chicken

4 single chicken breast fillets

1 large red capsicum

1 small red hot chilli

150g raw whole almonds

1 large bunch basil

¼ cup sunflower oil

1 tblspn rice wine vinegar

pinch salt

1 ½ cups brown rice

100g flaked almonds – toasted

½ bunch flat leaf parsley – roughly shredded

1 bunch broccolini 

Cut chicken breast fillets in half width ways and place in a large bowl.

Place the red capsicum, chilli, whole almonds, basil, sunflower oil, rice wine vinegar and salt into a food processor and combine well to form a paste.

Remove 3tblspns of this paste and set aside for the rice salad. Add the remaining paste to the chicken and mix thoroughly. Allow to marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight if time allows.

Once the chicken is marinated, preheat oven to 180c.

Cook the brown rice, drain well and place into a large bowl. Add the toasted almonds and flat leaf parsley to the rice and the 3 tblspns of reserved red capsicum paste. Mix thoroughly.

Line a large baking tray with non stick paper and place the chicken on the tray on an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes either side or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Steam the broccolini.

To serve: place even amounts of the brown rice salad on individual serving plates. Top with 2 pieces of chicken and a serve of broccolini on the side.  

Serve immediately. 

SERVES 4

I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family did….(and hubby loved the leftovers on wraps the next day for lunch!)

Take Care of You, 
Collette x

 


RECIPE! Chilli and Almond Chicken!

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I liked your blog and thanks for sharing the recipe... Now I can try this too at home... and will come back soon for more..!
    children lunch boxes
    kids plates
    lunch boxes for children
    personalised bibs
    baby bowls
    funny baby bibs

    ReplyDelete