Thursday 3 May 2012

"When Prayers are answered"

About 2 months ago I was interviewed by "Little One Baby Magazine" for an article on "trying to conceive" ...... it has been out of my mind until the last week as I knew it was due out the beginning of May. So being the slightly obsessive person that I am I have been calling my local Newsagent every morning since Monday to see if they had it in yet....with the same response "sorry no, maybe tomorrow" ...... having a few other things at the shops to do this morning I decided to go in today and try my luck.....my heart stopped for the breifest moment when there it was.... sitting on the floor, not even on the shelf yet.....


I grabbed one and trying to tell myslef to breathe and remain calm I casually flicked through it....and there on pages 44 AND 45 was my family smiling back at me.




Those that know me well, will not be in the slightest bit surprised at my reaction, which was to start to cry.....ok ok, so it wasnt hysterical big sobs but a few tears of happiness and overwhelming emotion.....there I was, holding in my hands a story on MY family, about how long it took to conceive my 4 children, the ups and downs, highs and lows, and there it was, in print, for the world to see.
It would be so hard to put in one article a story of years and years and years of trying to conceive....to capture what really goes on in your head and your heart.....I think they have done such an amazing job and it is going to be something I treasure forever.....

I went on to pay for the magazine (with a huge dumb grin on my face whilst wiping away tears!) and scooted outside to call Josh and my Mum and to send a message to Jasi saying ITS HERE!
Once I calmed down and sat outside on the chair to look through the magazine further, I was thrilled to see more familiar faces smiling back at me.....my beautiful friend Jasi and her boys, Zane and Beau (who I had only just messaged) from JasArt Photographic Art (who took this family photo AND ALL my other professional photos)



I hear so many stories about people trying to conceive and sadly there are the stories of those that don't have the success that we were blessed to have.....my heart truly goes out to them.
I thank God everyday for my family and I pray that this article will reach out to others and give them HOPE.


Take Care Of You,
Coll x

No comments:

Post a Comment