Saturday 19 May 2012

Some ideas...

When I am not rushed I really do find cooking enjoyable...almost as much as I love eating! I still recall how devastated I was when I found out I was allergic to so many things I loved eating. Although I was sick so often I still ate anything and everything, clearly I had no idea what I was doing to my body, filling it with the things it hated, and I obviously didn't listen to my body either which is crazy, knowing how much it was screaming at me, how could I not hear it, or was I simply ignorning it??.....WOW I have changed since then! My body and I have a nice relationship now!!!! I'm kind to her and she is kind to me!!!!

I have said it before and I have no issue with saying it again daily and even hourly if needed, I feel so blessed now to have my allergies, as helping others in the same, or similar situation warms my heart so much and makes me feel overwhelmed with happiness. I never EVER thought when I wrote CUT OUT THE CRAP that I would be helping so many people in this way....I have been getting some beautiful and touching emails lately from people (who I like to call my new friends) who have bought my book, I wanted to share some with you.....

I just want to let you know that what you have done is absolutely brilliant. I applaud you. I accidently stumbled onto your page after seeing it on someones fb page as a "like". I went to have a quick look and an hour later, here I am. Dying to buy your cookbook. I have read some of your blog and I think you are so kind to have shared your love for natural cooking with the world. I can only imagine the process in making a cookbook. Well done. As a Personal Trainier I am always trying to get people to stay on track with their nutrition. They always seem to think that healthy food is boring. Well from just reading what I have today I have my ammo to hopefully encourage them to think again! Anyway enough bogging you down with my speil. All the best with what you do and I can't wait until Cut the Crap for Children book is available.


I was diagnosed with food allergies 13 years ago & with ulcerative colitis 2 years ago. Because of this, my food choices are limited. But since I've been introduced to your book... I can't explain how happy it's made me. To have found a recipe book that I can find not only one or two recipes in it that I can cook & eat, but almost all of them. Your recipes are not only easy & straightforward to make, they are so incredibly tasty. Thank you so much for all of your hard work in putting this book together. I can't wait for the second one to come out!


I also wanted to share with you a few recipes I have cooked this week from CUT OUT THE CRAP and a few changes I have made to them, spur of the moment......yummo yummo yummo.....

Cooking Walnut Pesto Chicken for dinner PAGE 204

Chicken is stuffed with freshly made Pesto and ready to cook......

I had some left over Pesto so I added it to some diced pumpkin and roasted it......

End result #1 - a gorgeous meal! Walnut Pesto Chicken (page 204) and a salad of English Spinach, Pumpkin roasted with Pesto, Avocado and toasted pinenuts.

End result #2 - Miss 9 and Miss 7 eating a healthy dinner that they love! (and I know its good for them!)


Macaroons a la "lets just see what happens if we throw these ingredients together"

Preheat oven to 150oC

2 egg whites - beat until stiff peaks form
 gradually add 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whilst you continue to beat it
Add zest of 1 lime
Add 1 cup desiccated coconut
Add 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
Mix gently but thoroughly.
Place even shaped amounts onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes (until just golden)
TURN OFF OVEN AND LEAVE MACAROONS IN THERE....until cool....or until you can't wait any longer to try one (or two....or three!)

Enjoy with a cuppa.....I sure did!

I love cooking, I love creating recipes, I love sharing my passion for healthy food and that doesn't come direct from a packet, I love helping those with allergies eat "normal" food, I love it when I am in the mood to create a recipe and it "just works", I love the support I am given, I love being inspired to keep on creating, I love that I KNOW, even with my masses of allergies, I CAN still LOVE eating!

Take Care of You,
Coll x

Had to share this with you....Master 17months hinting to me not so subtly that he wants some milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment