Wednesday 28 March 2012

Lots of photos (and a recipe or 2) to share :-)

Hi! Hope all is well! Not much to report from here....I have been editing, editing and editing CUT OUT THE CRAP FOR KIDS.....I have my final meeting with Bec my fantastic Graphic Designer next week and then off to print we go! I have been happy plodding around the house playing with the kids, cooking, going for walks and trying to market my book and doing "odd jobs" around the house too....I wanted to share some photos with you and also 2 meal ideas.......Hope this finds you all well.......

Take Care Of You,
Coll x

Lime Fish! This was a "throw together" quick and easy dinner for us the other night....it was DELICIOUS! Recipe to follow at the bottom of this blog :-)

Beautiful fresh Basil from my sisters garden. I plan on making a huge batch of pesto out of it tomorrow and putting it in the freezer. Pesto is brilliant to have on hand, for a quick, easy and healthy dinner throw it into rice pasta, or throw a little into some chicken breast fillets and stir fry veg or you can even use it as a dip! YUM!

My wall feature - I have no idea why the old owners put a Lions head water feature with blue and green seahorse tiles!!!???

After! The seahorses are still there if you look closely, but now they are not as noticable in white! I painted over them in some stupidly expensive tile paint. It was worth it though as the feature is at the front door and one of the first things you see!

My new favourite tea - oh so yummy! Chammomile, Lemon Balm and Spearmint :-)

Tonights dinner - one HUGE Zucchini Fritter! The original recipe in CUT OUT THE CRAP is for small individual ones and I changed it slightly tonight for this huge one! Was great, it took 5 minutes to make and I threw it in the oven, served it with Smoked Salmon and Salad and the result was a tasty, quick and healthy NO CRAP dinner!   

LIME FISH

1kg firm white fish
4 tblspns sesame seeds
2 tblspns dried oregano
pinch of salt and pepper
 2 limes - thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 180c
Line a large lasagne dish with baking paper. 
Place the fish down on top of the paper in a single even layer.
Prinkle with sesame seeds, oregano, salt and pepper.
Place limes on top. 

Cook in prehated oven for 20-30 minutes or until fish is cooked. 

For hubby and myself I served this with a huge salad. For Miss 9 and Miss 7 I served this with "frozen chips" and salad. This is the kind of meal we have for a "throw together" dinner. It takes no time at all to prepare and the result is a healthy tasty meal. So much better for you than "drive thru" dinners.

HUGE ZUCCHINI FRITTER

2 large zucchini - grated
1 large onion - thinly sliced 
4 eggs
1tblspn rice milk
pinch salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 180c

Grate the zucchini straight into a non stick frypan (one that can go in the oven). Spread it out evenly. Place the sliced onions on top. 
In a small bowl place the eggs, rice milk, salt and pepper and whisk well. 
Pour egg mixture over the zucchini and onion. 

Cook on a hot plate on medium heat for approx 10 minutes or until it is 3/4 cooked. 
Place in preheated oven (still in the frypan) and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until golden.

I served this with Smoked Salmon on top and a huge salad.

As I had a busy day today and wasnt home until 3pm, then had to help with homework etc. I had planned on making the Zucchini Fritters from COTC (page 100) but didnt feel like standing there flipping them (ha ha!) and the twins were grizzly and wanted to be held and didnt want them near the hotplates, so decided to see if I could vary it slightly so I could throw it in the oven and walk away...and it worked....yay!

Hope you enjoy these when you try them xxx 

1 comment: