Wednesday 28 December 2011

Our Christmas!

What a super exciting Christmas it was for us this year! Even though it was the second year of us being a "complete" family,  last year didnt count in every way as it was such a whirlwind event. The twins were born only 2 days before so I was still in hospital with them, and as much as I was feeling over the moon and blessed, its so different to spending it at home.
This year was FUN FUN and more FUN! We had paper everywhere, boxes everywhere, toys everywhere...eventually people and food everywhere, it was busy, exhausting, crazy and messy and I loved every moment!
We had a nice morning just the 6 of us and then my mum, dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephew and neice came for lunch and the afternoon. We then opened our home up to any friends who wanted more celebrating or didnt want to be alone Christmas night.
Our Chistmas lunch up until a few years ago has always been traditional. Ham, Turkey, Pork and Roast Veg. A few years back we decided to break away from the Roast Veg and now do a range of delicious salads. We also cook the Turkey in the BBQ so the house isnt being heated up on a Summers day (not that we have had many this year!) if the oven is on all day. Mum made a garden salad, I made the Potato Salad from my book and my sister made the Roast Veg salad from my book also. Its lovely that we can all enjoy these salads and dont feel like we are missing out on anything, even though I am the only one in my family with food allergies.
Our turkey on the BBQ

Roast Veg Salad from COTC made by my sister

I truly hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and the day was spent with love ones, great company, wonderful food and of course remembering "the reason for the season" our amazing Jesus.

Take Care Of You
Coll xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment