Monday 25 November 2013

choc mint fudge

Good Morning! I hope this finds you all well and having a great week so far. 


As a family we are additive free and refined sugar free. My Miss 9 is Gluten Free and at the moment due to a health program she is doing she is grain free – and at school they are nut free …. it makes ‘snacks’ quite challenging! I created this for her yesterday and when she came home from school she was SO excited….actually all 4 kids were excited…Miss almost 3 snuck 4 pieces when I wasn’t looking and later came up to me and asked ….’yummy chocolate mummy, me, 1, 2, 3, 4….more????” ….ha ha! I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as my kids did! 


choc mint fudge


choc mint fudge


15 medjool dates


2 cups desiccated coconut


½ cup pepitas


2 tblspns drinking chocolate or cacao


1 tblspn chia seeds


1 tblspn maple syrup


6 drops peppermint oil (food grade!) 


Line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper.


In a food processor place all of the ingredients except for the peppermint oil. Process for 60-80 seconds until thoroughly mixed and fudge like.


Add the peppermint oil and process for another 10 seconds.


Use your fingers to push the mixture into the lined cake tin evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.


Store in the fridge in an airtight container.


Note: I used a large food processor with a double S blade. 


On a personal note I would like to have a ‘proud Mumma’ moment – my Miss 11 loves (SO much) Physie and it has been her Physie Dream to make the National Finals (top 18 in Australia) … I am thrilled for her that she acheived that dream on the weekend….there were cheers and happy tears all round! Her smile when she marched out in that final said it all – when we collected her that night she said “Mum I have never talked to God so much – he really did answer my Prayers today” – Bless her! 


IMG_1732

Kisses from Dad! – I LOVE this photo!


IMG_1700

Kisses from me!


Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week….chat again soon….I am off to write up these Christmas orders that you guys have been loving! Only a few days left of the Christmas Specials  on my website here so don’t miss out!


Take Care of You,


Collette x 



choc mint fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment