Tuesday 5 February 2013

What is in my Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free Pantry???

Good Afternoon! I hope this finds you well and having a lovely day!

I have been asked a few times in the past weeks “what is in your pantry?” and “what are your staple ingredients?” so I have decided, over the next few weeks, to show you!

I am gluten free, dairy free and preservative / additive free (plus many other things…due to food allergies!)….the rest of my family don’t have food allergies or intoleranaces yet we have all made the choice to be ‘additive free’.

When we first went ‘additive free’ I went cold turkey and threw out (or gave away) everything in the pantry that had additives in it. Besides Vegemite I was surprised it was only one shelf of the kids snacks (sadly though I actually thought were healthy!) I then went shopping and replaced them all with additive tree treats with the helps of The Additive Free Pantry Guide.

To help me on my journey I also love the “Chemical Maze” books and have the ‘ap’ on my phone now also – on the occasions that I do buy packets (very rarely) this book/ap helps me know what the numbers (additives) mean and therefore it helps me with deciding if I should buy it or not.

Over the coming weeks I will share with you what is in my pantry, what I use the ingredients for and why I use them and not other ingredients.

I will break it down into:

* Flour and Meals

* Sugar

* Rice and Pasta

* Nuts and Seeds

* Sauces

* Spreads

* Tins

* Herbs and Spices

* Tea / Coffee / Drinks

* Breakfast

* Oils

* Other Baking

* Treats

* Biscuits, Crackers, Wraps

When we moved into our home December 2011 I was so very excited to have a big (to me anyway!) pantry! I keep it quite organised to save me rumaging through shelves to find things…it was meant to be the broom closet….but really who has that many brooms! Hubby put a few shelves in it for me an I am one happy Mumma!

I look forward to sharing my first “what is in my pantry” with you next week!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

www.facebook.com/cutoutthecrap

PS I saw this the other day and simply HAD to share it! I hope it makes you smile!


What is in my Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free Pantry???

1 comment:

  1. Oh fantastic, I really look forward to this series.

    ReplyDelete