Thursday 7 February 2013

FREE RECIPE! Chia Chai Cake!

Good Morning! Happy Friday! I love chia seeds and I love chai tea so I couldn’t help but create this cake recipe that had them both in it!
It was perfect for morning tea when I had friends over – and whilst I made it for adults (it has almonds in it so it can’t be sent to school) my 4 children loved it and I had to fight my Master 2 for my bit, even after he had his own! – I think he would have eaten it all himself!

IMG_6934

chia chai cake

2 chai tea bags

½ cup boiling water

3 eggs – separated

1/3 cup rapadura (or brown sugar)

zest of ½ a large orange

2/3 cup almond meal

1/3 cup rice flour

2 heaped tblspns chia seeds

Pre heat oven to 180c and line a lamington tray with baking paper.

Place the chai tea bags and water into a mug and allow to sit for 10 minutes. After this 10 minutes remove bags and discard them. Set tea aside.

IMG_6920

In a large bowl place the egg yolks, rapadura and orange zest and whisk.

IMG_6922

Add almond meal, sifted rice flour, chia seeds and chai tea. Whisk well (I use a hand whisk – not electric).

IMG_6924

In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.

Gently fold through egg whites into cake mixture.

Pour into the prepared lamington tray and bake for 15 minutes.

Fresh out of the oven! Yummo!

Fresh out of the oven! Yummo!

Enjoy!

Note – this is not a sweet cake. Options for a sweeter cake are more sugar, or icing it once it has cooled. I liked it as it was and  next time I am going to try adding some cacao too!

Sprung! My little man reaching for the cake!

Sprung! My little man reaching for the cake!

I hope you enjoy this recipe and please feel free to share it with your friends!

Have a fantastic day!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

www.facebook.com/cutoutthecrap


FREE RECIPE! Chia Chai Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment