Sunday 29 April 2012

WOW!

WOW! Well it seems I opened a "can of worms" with this recent photo I posted on Facebook......

I bought Lamb Shanks for dinner last night....came home from the butchers to find this....hair! Now posting this on FB was for one reason only.....not to cause a debate as to wether we should be killing animals or eating meat....and not to make people turn away from eating meat.....but merely as a "OMG could this be worse timing" after my recent blog of being in a mentally "bad" place with not wanting to eat meat......Now I KNOW what a Lamb Shank was before it lands on my table....Im not that naive, however, lets face it, if your struggling as it is with eating meat....this is not going to encourage you! I had NO hesitation in still cooking it....never was I going to waste it and I certainly didnt plan on offending people by posting this photo....so...I bravely asked hubby to cut the hair off (whilst I was rocking back and forth in the middle of the kitchen floor! ha ha he he) then marinated it for 5 hours and slow cooked it for 3 in the oven before plating up a scrumptious meal......which was SSSSOOOOOOOO good that you are going to have to wait for the recipe! ;-)
We are having friends over for dinner tonight and I am wondering at what time in my life did I stop doing a BBQ with salad on the side when friends came over and start spending almost 2 days creating recipes and cooking for it.....tonight I am serving Soup for starters, 2 mains and dessert and a delish treat for coffee! I know the answer to this questions and it comes along with the encouraging emails and messages I get from people loving my book "Cut out the Crap" ....and the people that can't wait for "Cut out the Crap for Kids" ..... and not to forget the BUZZ i get myself from creating these meals and being able to eat such wonderful food still even thought I have so many allergies! Fingers crossed my Guinea Pigs, oh, I mean friends, love my creations of recipes tonight and that they will get safely popped aside for my "recipe testers" to try out and then wait in anticipation to be photographed for COTC3! It really is a long process creating a recipe book like these......but the daily encouragement from people still buying my book keeps me going.....I simply want to reach out and share this beautiful food with the world and have them know that you can cut out all this "crap" and still enjoy nutritious and mouth watering meals.

Take Care Of You,
Coll x


A VERY Chilli Sauce I made with a touch of sweetness!

Bubbas asleep so I take 10 minutes to stop and sit out the front with a cuppa and peice of freshly iced Date Slice from COTC! Mmmmmmm......

Got to love this....my little man trying to walk in my Ugh Boots! Too cute!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous little guy you have there... and oh my that lamb looked delish !!! (the one without the hair still attached..lol) Good Job Josh for cutting it off... what a man!!! :)
    love ya xx

    ReplyDelete