Wednesday 25 April 2012

Fighting with myself!

So it seems I am in a battle with myself at the moment.....one part of my mind fighting with the other part, such a typical Gemini.....if you don't know me all that well, you are about to learn more about my crazy ways....and for those that do know me, I'm sure you will have a wee little giggle to yourself, and hopefully you will say "yep that's the Collette we know and love"

So....for the last month I have been battling with not wanting to eat meat....which includes chicken....but funny enough not fish.....
Why.....well its insane really....(I don't want to be locked away for saying this out loud but I must for you to understand).....I was watching TV and cow looked deep into my eyes and was not impressed that I eat him (or her!?) he he ha ha.....after a month of dealing with this in my own mind, it really is funny to say out loud.....I suddenly had a strange connection to animals and the thought of eating meat or chicken literally turned my stomach and made me sad....now I'm not the smartest person around, but I am smart enough to know that there are benefits of eating meat, especially for someone like me that already is so limited with what I can and can't eat....I have also said for a while now that I think I could easily be a vegetarian except I can't eat tomato, mushroom, corn and lentils only in moderation.....and these are a huge part of vegetarian meals.....sorry I'm side tracking.....so I know it's great for Protein, Iron etc......




Anyway...my battle.....overly emotional and slighly wacky side of me saying NO don't eat these animals that are getting killed.....verses the slightly less emotional (!!) side that is often black and white that says "thats what they were created for" and "your body needs it" .......

Ahhh....so last night I took a deep breath, bought Scotch Fillet for the BBQ and asked hubby to make mine BLACK! and I ate it.....and look I'm still alive ha ha ha ha!

Do you eat meat? Do you not think of where it is coming from? I have put out there in Facebook world the question of Kangaroo....do you eat it? It is something I have NEVER been able to bring myself to even taste....especially seen as though its best served medium.....oh no......



Would love to hear from you....join me on FB.....or log in to become a follower of my blog so I know who I am talking to......and don't forget to do something everyday that makes you smile.....and CUT OUT THE CRAP!

Take Care Of You,
Coll x

No comments:

Post a Comment