Thursday 28 August 2014

'Coco Nutty Bites'

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you all well and that you have had a lovely week. 


We are all well here … still cold … still raining … I never thought I would say it but I can not wait for Summer … even Spring will do me! 


I had a friend calling in a few weeks back for a cuppa and I wanted to so something small to go with it. I was going to do ‘Bliss Balls’ but sadly she is allergic to dates! So this is why I came up with this recipe … if you wanted to you could throw a few dates in for extra sweetness … but we enjoyed it just like this! I hope that you do too!


Coco Nutty Bites


Coco-Nutty Bites


1 ½ cups desiccated coconut (125g)


½ cup brazil nuts (80g)


½ cup cashews (70g)


3 tblspns maple syrup (55g)


1 heaped tblspn cacao (5g)


½ tspn cinnamon


pinch salt


Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz on high until thoroughly combined (approx. 1-2 minutes depending on your machine) Scrape down the sides occasionally.


TMX: Speed 9 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Speed 7 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Speed 7 / 10 seconds.


Line a meatloaf tray or similar rectangle shaped container with baking paper (I use a tupperware type container approx. 20cm x 13cm).


Push all the ingredients evenly and firmly into the tray / container using your fingers.


Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into bite size squares. Store the squares in a container in the fridge for up to a week.


Options: replace cacao with drinking chocolate or protein powder of choice. Add extras like Maca, chia seeds or a little additive free dried fruit like Acai Berries. Get creative with your own favourite flavours!


Wishing you all a lovely weekend …. full of love, laughter, family, friends and great food!


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


CUT OUT THE CRAP Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment