Wednesday 6 August 2014

Hummingbird Slice - from "Cut out the Crap for Kids" Cookbook

Good Afternoon friends! How are you all? Great I hope! We are all well here.


My  eldest daughter, Miss 12, is on her way home from her Year 6 Camp in Canberra where she has been for the last 3 nights. Having an absolute blast I am sure. Whilst I have missed her loads and it is the longest she has been away from me, my house didn’t seem any quieter, which I guess is the case when you have another 3 children at home! I have done the typical mothers worrying and have just kept hoping that she has kept layered up with clothes and kept warm – as Canberra these past few days have had their coldest days and nights in years! I can’t wait for hugs and to hear all about it! 


I am popping here today to share with you (as promised) a second recipe from my book “Cut out the Crap for Kids” … the first recipe from this book I shared with you a few weeks ago was “Chicken and Corn Soup” an absolute favourite for my family … today I am sharing with you another favourite “Hummingbird Slice” … as always, everything in my books are Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free. I hope you enjoy it!


hummingbird slice


hummingbird slice


3 eggs AND 2 egg whites


1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup


1 tspn cinnamon


450g tin crushed pineapple (drain well and save 1/4 cup of juice)


1 cup rice flour


1/3 cup buckwheat flour


2/3 cup desiccated coconut


1 large ripe banana – mashed 


Preheat oven to 170c and line a lamington tray with baking paper.


Place 3 eggs, agave / maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl. Beat with electric beaters for 5 minutes.


Add pineapple, reserved juice, sifted flours, coconut and banana and beat well for a further 1 minute.


In a separate bowl whisk the 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form.


Gently fold egg whites into slice mixture.


Pour into prepared tray and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.


Cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool at room temperature.


Cut into pieces when ready to serve.


Makes 20 pieces


As always, I would love to hear from you when you make my recipes. 


Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week and I look forward to chatting more with you soon. 


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


CUT OUT THE CRAP Instagram



 


 


Hummingbird Slice - from "Cut out the Crap for Kids" Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment