Thursday 14 August 2014

Almond and Ginger Scallops - from "Cut out the Crap with Style"

Good Afternoon friends! Happy Friday! I hope you have had a lovely week. 


We are all well here, I have had a busy week in the “Cut out the Crap” office and I am super excited that this week I sent off to print my next book … which will be the first in my mini cookbook series! YAY! I can not wait to share it with you all!


Have you tried any of the recipes from my books I have been posting? As promised I have posted 2 recipes from “Cut out the Crap” Cookbook, 2 from “Cut out the Crap for Kids” Cookbook and now here is my 2nd recipe from “Cut out the Crap with Style” … hopefully by posting these recipes it will give you a ‘taste’ (pardon the pun) of what kind of recipes are in my books, what kind of ingredients I use and I hope that you love what you see and taste.


This recipe I am posting today is so very tasty, easy to prepare and is sure to impress your guests or it is simple enough to make for you and your partner as a pre-dinner treat … I hope you love it as much as we do! 


Almond and Ginger Scallops


almond and ginger scallops


4 tblspns flaked almonds – toasted


4 tblspns finely shredded mint


2cm x 2cm ginger – grated


zest of ½ a lime


3 tblspns avocado oil


1 tblspn lime juice


½ tspn brown sugar


pinch salt


2 tblspns olive oil


12 scallops – roe off


pinch salt and pepper – extra


12 chinese soup spoons – to serve


Place all the ingredients expect for the olive oil, scallops and extra salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly.


Put the chinese soup spoons onto a serving platter and place even amounts of almond and ginger mixture onto each spoon.


Add the olive oil to a medium fry pan and heat on medium – high. Add scallops and cook for 2 minutes either side, or until cooked.


Place one scallop onto each spoon on top of the almond mixture and season with extra salt and pepper.


Serve immediately.


makes 12


Wishing you a beautiful weekend, full of love, laughter and many happy memories!


Take Care of You,
Collette x


 CUT OUT THE CRAP Instagram



 


No comments:

Post a Comment