Sunday 29 December 2013

Apple and Carrot Loaf

Good Afternoon! How are you all? I am really well although I have been a little bit quiet here in the COTC world of blogging – like everyone, this time of the year is full on and something had to give,  so for a few weeks it has been my blogs…..however, I have so much to catch you up on, including our weekend away in Sydney without the 4 kids, my twins 3rd birthday, Christmas and a few recipes I have created the past few weeks ….today I am happy to share with you a beautiful recipe I tweaked from a favourite recipe by The gorgeous Gina Rose from Nourished Naturally by Gina Rose.

On top of my family being additive free and refined sugar free my Miss 9 is gluten free and grain free at the moment – she misses bread terribly but she only has to be gluten and grain free for another 6 months or so, so it’s really not that bad. I was so excited when Gina told me about her Pumpkin Bread Recipe and it has become a favourite that I know we will continue making even when Miss 9 is allowed to eat everything again!

As I love juices and have them regularly I thought I would give this recipe a go – with a few personal touches – with the leftover apple and carrot pulp that I had. Here is my recipe….I hope you love it….


apple and carrot bread


Apple and Carrot loaf


1 cup of apple and carrot pulp (leftover from your juice)
2 eggs
2 tblspns honey
1/4 cup macadamia oil or sunflower oil
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn nutmeg
1/2 tspn bicarb soda + 2 tspns lemon juice
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup walnuts – roughly chopped


Preheat your oven to 170 C and line a loaf tin with baking paper. 


Combine all the ingredients except for the walnuts into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. 


Pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle evenly with the walnuts. 


Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil then bake for a further 10-20 minutes (until thoroughly cooked and skewer is clean).


Allow to cool slightly before slicing and enjoying! 


Enjoy warm or cold for any meal! 


I wish you  a safe New Year and I look forward to connecting more with you all in a wonderful 2014!


Take Care of You,
Collette x 


happy new year


 



Apple and Carrot Loaf

1 comment: