Tuesday 12 March 2013

In my Pantry .... Sauces ....

Good Morning…I hope this finds you all well…today I will be continuing to show you what is in my Pantry…. 

SAUCES

IMG_8069

Coles Organic Tomato Sauce: Ingredients – Concentrated Organic Tomatoes (67%) Organic Sugar Organic White Distilled Vinegar (from Corn) Salt, Spice. 

This is not something I can have (as I am allergic to tomatoes) but like to have it in the Cupboard, especially when friends kids come over (I once was stuck with no tomato sauce in the cupboard and my friend had to go to the shops to buy some as her son wouldn’t eat lunch without it!) as you can see by how much is in there it is not used that oftenin our house….my kids have never been allowed to put tomato sauce on everything! It is for home made potato chips / wedges and bbq meat only!

IMG_8073

Abundant Earth Tamari Reduced Salt Soy Sauce: Ingredients – Water, Soybean, sea salt. Marked as wheat and preservative free. 

Even though I can only have this in moderation and generally chose to leave it out of food I eat, I only ever buy this now, not “normal” soy sauce with wheat in in. It is good to splash in stir-frys and my kids love dipping rice paper rolls into it.

IMG_8074

Obento Rice Wine Vinegar: Ingredients – Water, glutinous rice, salt. Note…glutinous rice does not mean it contains gluten! This is the only vinegar I buy and you will see it a few times in my recipes as a ‘flavour’. 

IMG_8071

Maggi Authentic Thai Fish Sauce: Ingredients – Fish Extract 66%, salt, sugar. I love the warning on this label ‘contains crustacean and fish’ :-)  
I know there is the issue that companies are allowed to hide MSG in anything with the word ‘extract’ …. however, I have not been able to find a fish sauce that doesn’t say it, I only ever use 1 tspn at a time (and not that often) and my ‘additive radar Miss 8′ (who goes OFF after eating any additives) does not react to meals that have this in it…..maybe it would be different if we used it often or in large amounts, I am unsure. However, this is just MY opinion and I would recommend you to look into this yourself if you are worried this may be an issue.

IMG_8070

Macro Organic Sweet Chilli Sauce: Ingredients – Filtered Water, Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Onion, Organic Chilli 4%, Sea Salt, Organic Sweet Paprika, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan), Organic Garlic Powder, Food Acid (Acetic)

I generally make my own sweet chilli sauce, however this is a good one to have on hand if you don’t have time to make it. This is a really yummy Sweet Chilli Sauce that even my Miss 10 and Miss 8 don’t mind. 

IMG_8072

Organics Unsweetened Apple Sauce: Ingredients – Apples!

I have been experimenting with using this instead of eggs and/or sugar in baking cakes. Some have been successful…..some others not so much! It is great to put a dollop in your cereal, yoghurt, fruit salad….or if you are like my kids they like to use it as a dip for chicken…..or eat it as is!!!!

IMG_8075

That is it for what I have for sauces in my pantry! Everything else I make myself (mayo, salad dressings etc) ….

Mayonnaise and Dill Mayonnaise

Homemade Mayonnaise from book ‘Cut out the Crap’

I have had a few people ask me where I get my information and ‘how do I know what to buy’ ….. because YES I am ‘just a mum’ with food allergies that LOVES to cook and create recipes!

I get my info from The Chemical Maze and The Additive Free Shopping Guide ….. BOTH NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!! 

Chemical Maze

The Chemical Maze – simply look items up by name or number and it will tell you exactly what it is!!! I would not be without this!!!!!!

afpg

The Additive Free Shopping Guide – over 800 additive free products listed!!!!!!

I hope this info has helped you in some way…..

Have a wonderful day!!!!! 

Take Care of You,

Collette x


In my Pantry .... Sauces ....

No comments:

Post a Comment