Thursday 7 March 2013

Chia Pudding....a new addiction....

Good Afternoon I hope this finds you well. All is great here with it being a full on week for us as a family as well as busy for the world of COTC. My Miss 10 and Miss 8 had their swimming carnival on last Thursday and I was truly excited that Miss 10 made it to Zone for 50m Breaststroke, Backstroke, Freestyle and the School Relay. I am always a proud Mum when effort is made….for them to get out there and have the confidence to try is all I ask, I know as a child I didn’t have the confidence to try many things and I feel it often shows in me as an adult (as much as I try to not allow it to).

swimming girls

My gorgeous big girls after a long day at the Swimming Carnival!

I have had a productive week taking photos for COTC3 whilst nursing a sick belly after indulging in too many eggs…and the sad thing is it hasn’t been the chocolate kind! My tolerance levels are not too high for eggs at the moment which is frustrating as I love them SO much! To ease my pains and give me energy to keep working and being a Mum of 4 I have been relying a lot on my juices, I feel like I get SO much out of them. My favourite at the moment is Orange, Lime, Apple, Carrot, Cucumber or Baby Spinach (or both), Ginger, Maca and Chia Seeds… LOVE LOVE LOVE…..

Chia Seed and Maca Juice

photo

When my tummy plays up I really need to step back on the food that normally I can have in moderation like eggs, nuts and lentils which makes breakfast difficult when already I can not have wheat / gluten, dairy or tomato! So I decided to try the much talked about Chia Seed Pudding….the main thing I had to work out was the quantity which was a bit of trial and error…which I am use to with the creating of recipes or my books. A good thing about making this is that you can taste it as you go! So flavour really depend on your taste buds, what you can eat and your imagination!

Here is the base recipe:

1 cup of rice milk

4 tablespoons chia seeds

Yep! Thats it! I honestly could have eaten it like this as the rice milk is quite sweet as it is. However, here are some options.

IMG_7833

Add: 1/2 tspn sweeteer of your choice eg agave, honey, maple syrup, rapadura, coconut sugar…whatever takes your fancy

and / or Add 1/2 tspn cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg

Another option is to add 1 teaspoon of Berry Choc Chunk from Superfoods for Kidz for a healthy (YES HEALTHY!) option or 1 tspn drinking chocolate from Loving Earth (of course you can use cacao, cocoa or drinking chocolate of your choice, this is just what I use)

Method: Place milk and chia seeds into a cup and mix well. Place in the fridge for one hour. Mix again. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT IT TO THICKEN. Return to the fridge for 2-3 hours until set.

IMG_7835

The one on the left was stirred after an hour, the one on the right wasn’t & therefore remained slightly runnier.

To serve: Eat as is! YUM! 

This is how it will look when ready to eat!

This is how it will look when ready to eat!

OPTIONS:

* Serve with fruit, nuts and seeds or coconut stirred through.

* Use milk of your choice or replace half of the milk with coconut milk for a tasty and quick dessert.

* Make of a night ready for breakfast! Easy as that! 

IMG_7847

This is certainly going to be a regular in our house….loved by all….so quick and easy….and nutritious, I am a huge fan! 

Hope you love it when you try it too!

Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

Take Care of You,

Collette x


Chia Pudding....a new addiction....

No comments:

Post a Comment