Thursday 13 December 2012

11 more sleeps!

Good afternoon! How are you all? Are you relaxed and all sorted for Christmas? Or are you frantic and crazy and running around like a chook with its head cut off!!??

Is this you???!!!

I am kind of inbetween if that is at all possible…..I am feeling organized yet I am feeling insanely busy and at times I really think I am going around in circles or just start laughing (or crying!) for no reason (and anyone that knows me well, knows I only do this when I am nervous or really tired!)….I have to say though (and I know I have said it before) I LOVE Christmas and this time of the year that we call the ‘silly season’….well most of it….I don’t like that its hard to get a carpark at the shops & I don’t like the the aisles are so jam packed with things that it makes it near impossible to fit my double pram down them…but hey, if thats the worst of it I will happily cope! Because what I LOVE is the scrumptious food…WHY do I only make shortbread at Christmas time….all the beautiful fresh fruit….OH MY I forgot just gow much I love lychees and cherries….and I love all those mushy Christmas songs that remind me how blessed I am, to have wonderful family and friends, the most loving and supportive hubby and 4 of the most happy, fun (challenging at times) and healthy children! (told you MUSHY **insert grin**)

My family – last week – for our annual famiy photo

A few years back I never thought I would be the Author of one book, let along two (and working on the third!)…AND one of them (Cut out the Crap) is a BEST SELLER! Every single book I sell gives me great pleasure knowing that my recipes are out there helping others eat Crap Free and hopefully inspiring people to change their cooking habits by cooking with taste not crap….. I never stopped to think about what it would be like to write my own recipe books and the rewards that come with it, to get emails of gratitude from people after buying my books is touching more than I could have known and I never would have known that this time of the year I get the biggest buzz when I hear that underneath peoples Christmas Tree is MY books! (**insert happy tears**)

I have a big few days ahead, will be interesting to see how I am feeling come Monday! I have the kids Christmas presents to sort and wrap today and including in that is the twins 2nd Birthday presents (they turn 2 on the 23rd Dec!) …lets hope I have got everything I need….I need to get that done before the girls finish school next week….I have to do cooking for my work Christmas Party which I have thrown for myself tomorrow! ….. and I need to get off this computer first! …. all this I plan to do whilst the twins have their 2 hour daily sleep which they are doing now, so time is ticking….am I dreaming?! Probably! Tonight hubby and I are going on a date night….well sort of…my Mum is coming down to mind the kids for a few hours whist hubby and I go off to the Kidz on the Coast 10th Anniversary Celebrations Cocktail Party! CAN’T WAIT! Any excuse to dress up and wear heels excites me!!!!!!!!
My Christmas Party tomorrow…I decided that seen as though I didn’t throw a book launch for COTC for Kids like I did for COTC (due to different reasons) and seen as th0ugh it would look bad for me to Party alone at my Christmas Party (I am the only person that works at COTC!) that I would host a wee little Christmas Party / Celebration for the wonderful year that was! So I have around 20 people coming over for drinks and yummy COTC food Saturday afternoon….and I can’t wait :-) (Will post what we eat next week!)
Sunday morning = Church and Sunday afternoon we are at a Birthday Party!
Monday = Pyjamas day?????!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha (not likely I know!)

I was SO excited this week when a gorgeous little parcel turned up for me from the beautiful Sharon from Notox Box!

The December Box – what arrived for me!

Inside my Notox Box was a gorgeous range of goodies – some I have tried before and LOVE, like the Pure EpZen Premium Magnesium Bath Crystals and others that I haven’t tried before like the Activated Mixed Nuts from 2die4live foods – I am saving those to share with hubby and my next movie night on the lounge as they look delicious and too good not to share with him!

STOP. REFRESH. RECHARGE. Pure Epzen Magnesium Bath Crystals

mmmm……LOVING EARTH CHOCOLATE! www.lovingearth.net

A household favourite! All natural fruit snacks! So yummy I am thinking of stocking them but worried I will eat them all myself!
http://yasnaimports.com.au

Foot and Body Scrub made from Natural Coconut Fiber www.inovexenterprises.com

 

Activated Mixed Nuts – www.2die4livefoods.com.au

ALL ABOUT NOTOX BOX

notoxbox.com.au is making it easier to trial  handpicked, premium natural, organic and eco products. Members sign up to a notox box each month, and receive a combination of health foods, superfoods, natural & organic beauty products and sustainable & ethical products, with tips on how to use the products. Every month members have the opportunity to trial, research and discover the products, find ones they like before buying full sized items, and share their experience. It costs $25 a month, with 3 month or 6 month subscriptions also available.

The business started by Sharon Chung, is gaining a following especially for those wanting to try natural and organic alternatives. Given 91% of Australians say “chemical-free” is important to them1, the subscription helps members make the switch to safer, healthier, and less toxic products in an affordable way.

Having worked in the health food industry, Sharon says “I found a lot of people wanting to make the switch to healthier, safer products but didn’t have the time and money to do it. This takes the hassle out of reading every label while standing in a shop, lets you discover new products, and saves time and money as you get to ‘try before you buy’. I wanted a service like this when I started to buy organic products. I was blown away by the safer alternatives out there, but also overwhelmed”.

The information is especially confusing in the natural and organic space as there are new products and new research out all the time, and ‘greenwashing’ claims on a lot of labels (where conventional products claim they use natural ingredients or are eco-friendly). Notoxbox.com.au hopes to help sort through this clutter by researching products and ingredients, and constantly reviewing them with experts in the health & beauty industry.

“A lot of natural and organic producers don’t have testers or beauty counters or marketing budgets to tell you about their products. Making the switch is expensive. I slowly built my knowledge, and replaced my products, but it took a long time and a lot of talking to doctors, naturopaths, nutritionists, holistic practitioners and people in the organic industry. I want to share all that information and make it easier for people to find and buy these products.”, Sharon says.

Inspired by the quote ‘Be the change you want to see in the world’, notoxbox.com.au hopes to inspire change by encouraging people to look after themselves and the planet better, one box at a time.

The gorgeous Sharon from Notox box!

Thanks to Sharon and her AWESOME team, I am running a give-away  at the moment for ONE lucky winner to get a FREE Notox Box in the month of January (entries close Wed 19th Dec)- what a way to start a Crap Free New Year! Just check out my facebook page www.facebook.com/cutoutthecrap for all the information you need to enter and Good Luck. Sadly for you (great for them!) all the December boxes are sold out but pre-orders can be placed now for January Why not treat yourself, I am sure you won’t be disappointed!

Well as my clock keeps ticking I must run and continue my day….I hope you have all had a wonderful week and that your weekend ahead is filled with sunshine, great family and friends and you make many happy memories….just remember to stop and enjoy the moment…..I will try that advice myself!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

My twins, almost 2! They love pretending to cook!

…and then when they are bored of pretending to cook, they throw every kitchen utensil they can reach behind the lounge! :-)


11 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment