Tuesday 23 September 2014

Mexican Frittata

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you all well and enjoying the school holidays (especially if you have some time off work too!) 


A few weeks back I shared this ‘Lentil Slice’ recipe and a friend and I were chatting about how good a ‘Mexican’ one would be – so I put one together for my family for dinner last night (I couldn’t eat it as I am allergic to corn, tomato and red kidney beans!) – so they had to be my taste testers. One thing I can say is that they are SO honest, I guess they have been around me and my taste testing for so long now and know what I expect … and I am pleased to say they all loved it … Miss 3 1/2 especially devoured hers in record time and went back for seconds. 


I served the kids with avocado, sour cream and some corn chips on the side and hubbys I served with sweet chilli relish on the side also.


I hope you love it as much as they did! I would LOVE to hear from you when you try it! 


Mexican Frittata


Mexican Frittata


1 brown onion – roughly diced


2 cloves garlic – crushed


1 red capsicum – roughly diced


1 punnet cherry tomatoes – quartered


1 x 400g tin corn kernels – drained


1 x 400g tin red kidney beans – drained


¼ bunch coriander – roughly shredded


1 tblspn dried cumin


1 tblspn dried coriander


½ tspn sea salt or herbamare


12 eggs – whisked well


Preheat oven to 190c and line a large lasagne dish with baking paper.


In a small fry pan place the onion and garlic and fry over a medium heat until cooked (don’t burn).


In the lined lasagne dish place all the ingredients and mix well until thoroughly combined.


Bake in oven for 40-50 minute or until thoroughly cooked.


Serve with avocado, sour cream, corn chips and chilli!


Options: you can add cheese or chilli flakes to the frittata before cooking. 


Wishing you a lovely rest of the week …. talk again soon!


Take are of You, 


Collette x 


CUT OUT THE CRAP Instagram


 


 

 


 


Mexican Frittata

1 comment:

  1. Hi Collette,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on myTaste Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).
    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on myTaste,
    myTaste Australia

    ReplyDelete